24 Valve Engine and Drivetrain Discuss the 24 Valve engine and drivetrain here. No non-drivetrain discussions please. NO HIGH PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION!

I need help!

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2016, 05:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I need help!

Ok so I'll keep this as short as I can. Truck was having issues starting after LP replacement a few months ago.. It would have to be cranked over 3-4 times before it would start.. Waiting a few minutes before each crank. This from a truck that usually starts instantly. It stopped after a few weeks and has now started doing it again. I drive this truck from job to job all day every day..I have found that if I go out and turn on the ignition and leave it on five or ten minutes before I go to leave it'll start no problem. However I get in and try to start.. It just cranks over..then wait a few minutes and try again..takes 3-4 times usually.. When it was acting fine I'd get it..turn on the ignition and after a second or two the lift pump would kick on and I could start right up..now I'm seeing on my FP gauge that it never comes on.. So I wired a ignition powered toggle switch to the LP.. To kick it on for a few seconds before each start up in hopes that would remidy it.. To no avail.. Same problem even though I can run the LP on my own now.. Obviously electrical delay keeping me from starting. I need advise. Please.
Old 12-19-2016, 06:27 AM
Administrator

Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts
How much pressure is your new pump putting out?

Is your wait to start light acting normal?
Old 12-19-2016, 10:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
At idle its around 18-19 psi. WTS light doesn't act right.. Sometimes it comes on, sometimes not. When the LP would cycle after turning the ignition on the WTS light would come on and off with the LP.. But now the LP has stopped kicking on when the ignition is turned on.. So I thought maybe it just needed to prime to fire up each time. But my switch idea didn't work..