24 Valve Engine and Drivetrain Discuss the 24 Valve engine and drivetrain here. No non-drivetrain discussions please. NO HIGH PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION!

code1693?

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2004, 08:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
code1693?

what does this code mean my trucks gauges went up and down and the tranny started shifting up and down then check engine light came on off a few times then stayed on for about three days then went off i took it to autozone and they used a code reader and came up with two codes 1693 and 1698 it hasnt did the mess up but once i was told maybe moister or a ground has any one ever heard of this
Old 02-12-2004, 10:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
First welcome to the site.
Now for the codes. I think the codes are the same for several of the years. I have the 2000 service manual. And here is what it says.
P1693 DTC Detected in PCM/ECM or DTC detected in ECM A “Companion DTC” was set in both the ECM and PCM. This is a code to let you know a code has been set in the ECM

P1698 NO CCD Messages received from PCM. Bus communication failure to PCM. A “companion DTC” was set in both the ECM and PCM This is what set the P1693 code.
Have you done any work on the truck lately? You should check all your connection to the EZ, make sure they are clean and well connected.
Good luck.