24 Valve Engine and Drivetrain Discuss the 24 Valve engine and drivetrain here. No non-drivetrain discussions please. NO HIGH PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION!

Brakes Squeaking?

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2007, 11:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Brakes Squeaking?

Last night when i was out driving around in my truck, i noticed a squeaking/rubbing noise coming from the front right tire. But it only happens when you turn to the right, at a slower speed(around 20km/h). I was driving on some pretty crappy roads(wet gravel). And so I'm wondering if maybe some dirt got into the calipers, etc making the brakes stick out or something. Another thing is if i put on the brakes fairly hard, it will pull the truck to the right hand side as well. So should i take apart the brakes, etc on that side? Any info is great

Thanks

Dinner
Old 01-13-2007, 12:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There's a few things to look at , rusted rotors , brake pads , remove caliper & look closely at the slides that the caliper moves side to side as pads wear - what your looking for is rust maybe uneven surface -where the caliper has settled to one spot and groved into mount .
Then taking apart the calipers to clean - a slug can build up and make piston not move freely .
Then the hoses at the calipers to metal lines - sometimes they can come apart inside and make a valve [ flap ] and depending on witch way it flaps it can keep the pressure from getting to caliper or keep the pressure on .
Probubly look in that order , also .
Old 01-13-2007, 03:14 PM

Received 28 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by Dinner
Last night when i was out driving around in my truck, i noticed a squeaking/rubbing noise coming from the front right tire. But it only happens when you turn to the right, at a slower speed(around 20km/h). I was driving on some pretty crappy roads(wet gravel). And so I'm wondering if maybe some dirt got into the calipers, etc making the brakes stick out or something. Another thing is if i put on the brakes fairly hard, it will pull the truck to the right hand side as well. So should i take apart the brakes, etc on that side? Any info is great

Thanks

Dinner
possible wheel bearing