24 Valve Engine and Drivetrain Discuss the 24 Valve engine and drivetrain here. No non-drivetrain discussions please. NO HIGH PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION!

Back from the Dealer...

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2006, 09:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Back from the Dealer...

I had the KORE chase suspension lift installed 2 weeks ago and noticed afterwards that the steering was a little more sloppy than before. I installed the 315's and it wasn't much better but I guess it was this way from day one of the showroom floor but didn't notice it as much until I leveled the truck. I was not able to run the DSS due to the 2" drop blocks on the sway bar (would cause interference) so I took my truck to Dodge today and had them install a new track bar and steering stabilizer while they also changed my transfer case and differential fluids. Ohh, my GOD! What a huge difference! Not sure how long it will last but my truck never drove better.

I just got the Smarty so I am going to test stacking it with my Edge-EZ mainly because I want my odometer to be correct. Funny thing - when I was at the Dodge dealership I asked them if they had a DBIII Scan Tool and they stated they did and even showed it to me. I asked if they would recalibrate my Speedo and they said they couldn't do it. I then told them the menu steps and they still would not do it. They would not give me a reason either but after pushing them they stated even if we have the capability we cannot do it. They must have been sued or had some type of legal case against them as to why they won't do it.

Oh, well - Caddy steering now! Just hope she holds...