1st Gen. Ram - All Topics Discussion for all Dodge Rams prior to 1994. This includes engine, drivetrain and non-drivetrain discussions. Anything prior to 1994 should go in here.

STICKY worthy? Color codes w/Pic

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2010, 09:45 AM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
STICKY worthy? Color codes w/Pic

If there already is one i sure missd it, but I would love to see a sticky covering all the first gen color codes along with a good color pic of a truck with said color(s). The stamped code would be great too. the first letter of the color code is only a statement as to wheter it is the Upper body or MAIN color and the second code is for the lower/middle or 'secondary' color. My 93 is PAC & QAC so both colors are the same 'AC' code which is Silver Star Metallic. My first gens are curerntly in primer or i would start this thread. LOL

FYI- for search reasons the color codes are always found under the cowl vent on the right side of the truck. Ther will be an embossed tag riveted to the top of the firewall that can be viewed by looking through the louvers. the codes for colors are usually some of the last stamped codes and start with P, K, Q, and maybe a few others in the early years. My 91 & 93 are P and Q codes. If this makes it I would like to see a list of the codes with factories stated name first. LIKE THIS.

AC= Silver Star Metallic
T8= Dark Tundra metallic
Y3=Sand Metallic

crossy
crossy
Old 07-30-2010, 10:24 AM

Received 41 Likes on 27 Posts
Follow this link to a chart of PPG colors for 1993 Dodge trucks:
http://www.tcpglobal.com/aclchip.asp...truck-pg01.jpg

Some of the colors are labeled "DT" for Dodge truck or "J" for Jeep, and some were available for both Dodge and Jeep.

Page 2 shows all the paint codes Crossy is seeking and page 3 shows the interior colors. Although there are a number of interior colors shown, the 250 and 350 trucks were only offered with three interior colors in 1993: crimson red, spice (tan), and charcoal (gray). My interior is spice tan, except for the dashboard, which is dark spice.

My paint colors are:
Light Champagne Poly, code(s): PV4/KV4
Emerald Green Pearlcoat, code: PGF

That's news to me about the first letter of the paint code. My dad ordered this truck new and it started life as a single solid color -- Light Champagne. When I decided to 2-tone the truck, I used an OEM 1993 DT color (Emerald Green Pearlcoat) for the accent. I assumed that dad could have ordered it from the factory painted that way had desired, and that I was therefore sticking to an authentic 1993 OEM paint scheme. But the fact that the Emerald Green code begins with a "P" must signify that Emerald Green was only available as a primary color and not as an accent color the way I have utilized it? Oh well.

Last edited by james1; 07-30-2010 at 04:35 PM. Reason: additional info
Old 07-30-2010, 10:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Primary: PGF Emerald Green Pearl Metallic
Secondary: QGF Emerald Green Pearl

PGF/QGF

From the factory. The secondary paint on the bottom doesn't have the sparkles that the primary does. It's hard to tell the difference unless you really get in there and look at it.

Last edited by blackfordd; 07-30-2010 at 10:59 AM. Reason: added photo
Old 04-01-2022, 02:28 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by blackfordd

Primary: PGF Emerald Green Pearl Metallic
Secondary: QGF Emerald Green Pearl

PGF/QGF

From the factory. The secondary paint on the bottom doesn't have the sparkles that the primary does. It's hard to tell the difference unless you really get in there and look at it.

Is the Cummins vinyl decal holding up?