1st Gen. Ram - All Topics Discussion for all Dodge Rams prior to 1994. This includes engine, drivetrain and non-drivetrain discussions. Anything prior to 1994 should go in here.

Pump parts in Saskatchewan

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2010, 08:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pump parts in Saskatchewan

Hi Folks,
it's my own fault I should have replaced this looong ago.
The VE Pump Breakover Spring 1-464-651-430 is ready to break off. The idle was dropping down slowly over time, now I know why.
Does anyone know of a diesel shop in Saskatoon that might have one of these? I'd like to replace it for the drive home at least. I gave it a temporary fix for now.
Cheers
Fozzy
Old 05-17-2010, 08:58 PM

Just look for a Bosch injection shop. Is that the heavy spring on the pump throttle leaver shaft? Sorry don't have my sheets in front of me to look at. I was quoted just about $90 for that spring a few months ago in Manitoba.
Old 05-18-2010, 12:07 AM

Originally Posted by RuralCruiser007
Just look for a Bosch injection shop. Is that the heavy spring on the pump throttle leaver shaft? Sorry don't have my sheets in front of me to look at. I was quoted just about $90 for that spring a few months ago in Manitoba.
Yes,it has about four coils and sort of looks like a hose clamp.
Old 05-18-2010, 06:43 AM

That is the spring. I might be wrong about the price, cause at the time I was getting parts for 3 pumps. Let me look today and I might be able to help you out.

On a side note, the throttle plate that the spring ends rides on is that ungodly price. Amazing what morning coffee does to get the brain in gear.
Old 05-18-2010, 08:42 PM

Fozzy any luck with a pump shop in 'Toon town?

Give me a PM if you need a hand, talked to my pump shop today.
Old 05-19-2010, 11:49 PM

Made out ok today RuralCruiser.

I was in Saskatoon today and found DSG Power systems. Diesel services dot com. Nice folks! They had the spring in stock and more. Looks like they do a good business there, nice crate engine in the front, a couple sparkly diesel generators, all kinds of neat stuff. If any of their guys are on here, thanks!

I picked up a set of new tips for my injectors at the same time. They have never been out since I owned the truck, they must be due. I'll have them out when I get back home and reset..

The fellow that bought my Grandpa's house here in town seems to be a Dodge nut, he's got a few first Gens. One looks like an extra cab short box.