Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/)
-   1st Gen. Ram - All Topics (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/1st-gen-ram-all-topics-93/)
-   -   Nv4500 cross post need a bit of help on master and slave replacement part numbers (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/1st-gen-ram-all-topics-93/nv4500-cross-post-need-bit-help-master-slave-replacement-part-numbers-252698/)

roxxx 09-18-2009 11:10 PM

Nv4500 cross post need a bit of help on master and slave replacement part numbers

I knew it was going but hoped for the best. I think my master and or my slave have started to really go . I put the south bend up grade clutch and fly wheel and new clutch fork and pivot ball from Dodge wheeew price on that sucked . Anyways South bend suggested putting the washer behind the pivot-ball which i have done before. plus there is a weep on my fire wall ,

Just wondering were oh were is the best and cheapest place to pick the whole master slave kit up And if nothing else a part number would rock
Thank you

Billut 09-19-2009 09:29 AM

I used South Bend's hydraulics for 94+ trucks (since this is when the NV45 fits behind the Cummins). I can dig that part # later Sunday. I made a wedge wooden mount so that the reservoir would hang level on the firewall, and voila!

Looking at your sig.: what's a Pats Drive shaft?

roxxx 09-19-2009 10:19 AM

Pats drive shaft They make drive shafts Balancing and all related stuff they use spicer parts so i kinda tend to use them I think they are A national chain store they are part of the gear center group

deerslayer1979 09-20-2009 09:26 PM

I looked into this when I replaced it on my truck. I used the OEM master and slave assembly for a 92 W350. Works like I thought it should, no problems with fitment or operation. BTW when I called around to the local parts houses they told me the part # for the 1st gen and 2nd gen were the same. Hope this helps.
DS79

Billut 09-20-2009 09:44 PM

not exactly the same though: on the 1st gen I've seen (I could be wrong), the hose is on the side of the reservoir, on 2nd gen it is at the bottom. Granted, it is a detail...

deerslayer1979 09-20-2009 09:53 PM

I couldn't tell you to be honest, the only thing I can remember being different is that the 2nd gen ones had bleed screws on them. For me the price difference wasn't to bad. I hink the OEM stuff cost me something like $40 more. Worth it IMO to know it was OEM quality.
DS79

roxxx 09-20-2009 10:44 PM

`I will see if i can get oem not to sure but I was wondering if the oem will be strong enough with the after market clutch ?

Bob Beauchaine 09-21-2009 07:06 AM

When I did my NV swap it would not go into gear while the engine was running. I talked with Peter at SB and he said hydraulics - clutch and clutch MC. I didn't listen and pulled the tranny, clutch and flywheel to measure it against the old setup. As a result I did a lot of extra work - the problem was hydraulics. Replacing the hydraulics with spendy Dodge parts $300+ solved my problem. The total parts clutch MC, slave cyl and all parts comes as a complete package.

Bob

roxxx 09-21-2009 08:18 AM

Originally Posted by Bob Beauchaine (Post 2582957)
When I did my NV swap it would not go into gear while the engine was running. I talked with Peter at SB and he said hydraulics - clutch and clutch MC. I didn't listen and pulled the tranny, clutch and flywheel to measure it against the old setup. As a result I did a lot of extra work - the problem was hydraulics. Replacing the hydraulics with spendy Dodge parts $300+ solved my problem. The total parts clutch MC, slave cyl and all parts comes as a complete package.

Bob

Thank you Bob
i figured the old one would do well on the old setup but as soon as i tryed to engage on the first startup with the new stuff , I figured it was the slave or master , One thing I am worried about on the new Aftermarket master/slave is the throw ,Is it the same ?

Bob Beauchaine 09-21-2009 08:52 AM

Please post what you find out about the new setup. I am hoping that some one would put together an aftermarket replacment for the Dodge setup. My money would be on SBC.

Bob