Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/)
-   1st Gen. Ram - All Topics (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/1st-gen-ram-all-topics-93/)
-   -   Insulation for Quiet (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/1st-gen-ram-all-topics-93/insulation-quiet-228273/)

DNRCustoms 01-10-2009 11:13 AM

I also have done a little insulating... I drove around with nothing, I mean nothing anywhere, bear floor... Insulated the floor and made a huge improvement...

question is, where do you guys feel the majority of the sound comes from?? Like if you had to spend the most $$$ in a certain area, where would that be... Firewall, floor, doors, back of cab, roof, hood....

Rafter B 01-10-2009 07:32 PM

On mine: Floor, then benind seat, then doors!

Fergavs 01-10-2009 08:01 PM

Honestly the entire truck needs it. These trucks make a lot of noise under the hood and floor boards so i would start with the firewall and cab floor. The doors are real bad too as they are made of the thinest/cheapest tin dodge could get. I used two 50' rolls. Each roll was 12" wide and I covered EVERY THING at least twice and in some places 3 times. I also am removing most of my plastics and replacing them with marine grade carpet. It is the same stuff as used on most colored car audio sub boxes. This way the broken/squeaky panels are removed and the carpet will help deaden the sound even more. I have done this in a couple trucks and dont mind the way it looks. Ill take some pics in the next couple days and post them up here.

12V_shooter25 11-01-2012 12:30 AM

3 Attachment(s)
I installed this stuff in my truck today. It's just some roll of 1/4" plastic insulation I got at Home Depot. Also bought a can of 3M spray adhesive to stick in on with. I put two layers inside the doors and one layer on the outside of the door shell where the door panels go. I drove about 50 miles today with the door panels off and, I must say, there was a good amount of noise reduction even without them on. The insulation took a lot of the "tinny" and metallic noise out of the doors. I'm hoping to purchase some Dynamat for the firewall and floors whenever funding becomes available [guitar]

1_buck_truck 11-05-2012 12:46 PM

Used DYNA matt in mine. Cant hear a thing super quite now. Its quiter then my 2008 :P

Buddy Stewert 11-05-2012 12:55 PM

THIS IS WHAT YOU WANT DYNA MAT IS TO MUCH MONEY I DID MY CREW CAB VERY HAPPY
http://www.cruisercrap.com/quietcrap/index.html

thomasg 11-05-2012 04:51 PM

I used Peel & Seal Mastic Roof Coating 6" x 25' from Lowes. Worked great really made cab quieter. Its $16.50 per roll. Sorry I don't remember how many rolls I used. I covered the floor, back wall, under kick panels, inside outer door skins & under door panels.

Buddy Stewert 11-05-2012 05:56 PM

For the money cruiser crap is great you get 18'' wide roll by 33 feet long and 70 Mill thick for $110 and it will do the hole floor on a crew cab.

peckens 11-05-2012 08:30 PM

Originally Posted by 12V_shooter25 (Post 3143058)
I installed this stuff in my truck today. It's just some roll of 1/4" plastic insulation I got at Home Depot. Also bought a can of 3M spray adhesive to stick in on with. I put two layers inside the doors and one layer on the outside of the door shell where the door panels go. I drove about 50 miles today with the door panels off and, I must say, there was a good amount of noise reduction even without them on. The insulation took a lot of the "tinny" and metallic noise out of the doors. I'm hoping to purchase some Dynamat for the firewall and floors whenever funding becomes available [guitar]

i used this stuff too on the floors and doors, was definatly much cheaper, i just need to do the walls and the roof now

of course im not sure if the insulation i installed made all the difference or repairing all the cracks and rust holes in the floor board or a combination of the two lol

Tc's 91 02-06-2013 11:57 PM

Moisture in doors

Will you get moisture condensed or whatever in the insul pad in the doors ??