Idler Arm / Pitman Arm - Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

1st Gen. Ram - All Topics Discussion for all Dodge Rams prior to 1994. This includes engine, drivetrain and non-drivetrain discussions. Anything prior to 1994 should go in here.

Idler Arm / Pitman Arm

Old 12-14-2009, 01:22 PM   #1  

Idler Arm / Pitman Arm

Well now that I've finished the suspension portion of my project, I'm on to the steering. I have a new centerlink, inner/outer tie rods for both sides, adjusting sleeves, all bushings, and an idler arm. I assume that the Pitman arm does not need to be replaced as I can't find the part anywhere? Can anyone advise? Also, the idler arm goes on the passenger side correct? It's hard to tell with about an inch worth of old grease on the whole setup...

For what it's worth, I replaced all ball joints with Moog, Moog coils, Bilstein shocks, Autozone bushings for the suspension
exsanguinate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 01:33 PM   #2  

no the pitman arm doesn't need to be replaced. a pitman arm comes with a new steering box
dieselcrazyw350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 04:13 PM   #3  

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselcrazyw350 View Post
no the pitman arm doesn't need to be replaced. a pitman arm comes with a new steering box
Thanks!
exsanguinate is offline   Reply With Quote