12 Valve Engine and Drivetrain Talk about the 12V engine and drivetrain here. This is for 1994-1998.5 engine and drivetrain discussion only.

Need trans output shaft

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2006, 07:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need trans output shaft

Hey all,

I'm looking for a used trans output shaft for a project I'm working on. I need to make an adapter for another trans to be able to hook up to my 241 transfer case, so I need a 29 spline output shaft from either a manual or auto trans. I'll be machining the shaft, and all I need are the splines that go into the t-case, so the model of the trans doesn't matter. The only thing I would prefer, if there is any difference, is to have the shaft with the largest diameter possible where it enters the transmission to give me as much material as possible to machine. So if anyone has a used shaft, or a grenaded transmission they don't mind pulling apart, please let me know. My auto is still good, so I would like to be able to sell it and not pull it apart just for one shaft.

I have almost all the parts I need to swap the Spicer 3053a into my truck, I just need to start making up the adapter. i tried an ad in the classifieds, but I think I would get more response here.

Jim
Old 03-03-2006, 07:27 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Call Dave Georend. He's got 100's laying around. He replaces every shaft with a new one & bearings on each rebuilt tranny. The old ones go it the scrap pile.

http://www.gbtransmissions.com/default.htm