Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/)
-   12 Valve Engine and Drivetrain (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/12-valve-engine-drivetrain-100/)
-   -   I have a Ford but just bought a Dodge ...? (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/12-valve-engine-drivetrain-100/i-have-ford-but-just-bought-dodge-80293/)

Greguw 10-12-2005 05:26 PM

I have a Ford but just bought a Dodge ...?

Hi Guys
I could not pass on a Dodge I just seen , It's a 96 with 150,000 on the motor ... I could not pass on this truck ...SOOO clean , the motor's original paint was perfect , you could tell very well maintianed .
It has a full amsoil system on the passengers side ...Two filters I know nothing about those systems ...a little help with that .

On the drivers side theres a what looks like a heat shield shaped like a triangle with another filter under that ...a little help with that too...Please...

The feels very strong , it has a what looks like 3 1/2 exhaust with a flow master , also the trans feels like it has a shift kit and it also has a mag-hy-tec deep sump pan ...very good .

I could not beat the guy up that bad ... very nice truck and had to be well kept in that condition , no blow by and no leaks ... I have a great feeling about this truck ... un like my ford .

The only thing ... they put new crappy tires and no front end alinement ...pulled a little to the right , I'll check all that out ball joints and bushing ... everything felt good , I used there floor jack and gave it the once over ... you never know used ... I felt I could not go wrong .

I gave him 9 grand out the door ... not to bad in this shape .

Later guys
Greg

rammtuff 10-12-2005 06:02 PM

Hope it is a good truck for you. Really low mileage for a 9 or 10 year old truck. That bypass system seems to be a bit of a waste. Good luck

newriverSpecon 10-12-2005 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by Greguw
On the drivers side theres a what looks like a heat shield shaped like a triangle with another filter under that ...a little help with that too...Please...

sounds like a "Prime Lok". It is a remote fuel filter. The stock location sucks and is a cartridge instead of a spin-on.

Randy

durasmack 10-12-2005 06:59 PM

That is a fuel filter on the driver side. Makes life much easier. I have one and really like it. You shoud enjoy your truck. Hopefully you will be one more Ford owner converted.... [whistle]

WildBill 10-12-2005 08:57 PM

The Amsoil system is a dual bypass filter system. It has a full flow filter that is changed occasionally and top off the oil, then once a year you change both filters and the oil, or more often depending on how many miles you drive. If you check Amsoil's website, it gives oil service interval recommendations, all of this assumes using the Amsoil synthetic oil. I had one on my DMAX, but I don't drive enough miles for it to be cost effective, so on my Dodge I just use dino oil & regular filters. Of course you could use the bypass filters with regular oil also. The bypass filter filters out smaller particles than a regular filter. Hope this helps!

cumminsdriver635 10-12-2005 11:12 PM

If you have the time, you might get under the truck, and pull off the inspection plate for the torque converter, and see what color the torque converter is, and spin it around and see if it has a drain plug in it anywhere. May have an aftermarket TC! [coffee]

Eric

Greguw 10-13-2005 02:25 PM

Just Drop this truck at its new home ...

I just got it home ... I am very happy with this truck , I love the sound of the cummins engine and with the 4" exhaust ... even better .
It is not a perfect truck being 10yrs old , even with 150,000 on the truck it's a great truck .
Thanks guys
Greg

Deezle98 10-16-2005 12:33 PM

I wouldnt keep the flowmaster on there, they arent designed for turbo engines.

Greguw 10-16-2005 01:45 PM

Flowmaster

I know flowmaster dose make a muffler for the diesel , but it looks like it's been on here for some time ...
Just before the flowmaster there is a wear cone shaped can ... I'm not sure if it's a cat or some kind of resinator ... ?

Greg

Deezle98 10-16-2005 05:35 PM

On a 96 its a cat. 98.5 and up 24v engines were a resonator