Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

exhaust upgrade and accessories.

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2016, 07:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
exhaust upgrade and accessories.

I have a 24v with a exhaust brake and slightly larger than stock injectors. I also have a EGT gauge. I'm curious if I upgrade from the stock exhaust, to a 5" dual with maybe 8" tips. Will this affect my other upgrades? Any input is appreciated.
Old 05-06-2016, 12:11 PM

Received 141 Likes on 107 Posts
Well hopefully you have more than just a pyrometer as you should also have boost and fuel pressure as well.....

As for exhaust, if your exhaust brake is turbo mounted and standard then your exhaust downpipe will be limited. You can find 4" exhaust systems that work just fine but I think 5" systems will require something larger.

That said, I wouldnt loose the exhaust brake for sake of a larger exhaust system as the exhaust brake is the far better trade off. And really you may want to read some other threads regarding 5" exhausts because generally they're too large to fit between the transmission and the frame and can cause contact issues. Plus running dual outlets will be really hard. If its looks you're after then thats one thing but 4" exhaust will not only be ample big for huge power but it will fit better.
Old 05-06-2016, 01:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by KATOOM
Well hopefully you have more than just a pyrometer as you should also have boost and fuel pressure as well.....

As for exhaust, if your exhaust brake is turbo mounted and standard then your exhaust downpipe will be limited. You can find 4" exhaust systems that work just fine but I think 5" systems will require something larger.

That said, I wouldnt loose the exhaust brake for sake of a larger exhaust system as the exhaust brake is the far better trade off. And really you may want to read some other threads regarding 5" exhausts because generally they're too large to fit between the transmission and the frame and can cause contact issues. Plus running dual outlets will be really hard. If its looks you're after then thats one thing but 4" exhaust will not only be ample big for huge power but it will fit better.
That makes sense....thank you very much