Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Photo editing Programs

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2006, 02:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Photo editing Programs

I am looking for the cheapest program available to edit photos. I want to do some things to my truck, but would like to play with it on a software program first so that I do not waste the money on a visual enhancment for it, and not like it.

I looked at adobe phtoshop, and that thing is expensive. I can knowck a huge hunk out of buying a new tranny for what that thing costs...

Let me know your opinions...and all are appreciated...
Old 03-08-2006, 03:00 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I don't know... You have MS Paint on one end of the spectrum, and Adobe Photoshop on the other end.

Or you could find somebody with Adobe Photoshop and install a back-up copy of their program for their remote use on your computer.
Old 03-08-2006, 03:20 PM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 152 Likes on 118 Posts
Depends just how much you want to change the pictures. For minor changes ACDSee works well. I have Paint Shop pro which is close to the expensive Photoshop at a fraction of the price.
Old 03-08-2006, 03:27 PM

Maybe you can "borrow" a copy of Photoshop or Fireworks from someone...
If not, an older version of either would work, at a lower price.
Old 03-08-2006, 06:45 PM

Received 263 Likes on 235 Posts
Or you could download the Gimp from www.gimp.org for free completely legal and have a whole lot of features (some that only the Pro version of Photoshop has and read the manual before and while working with it. It's got mighty tools and will offer you a lot of functions.

HTH

AlpineRAM
Old 03-08-2006, 06:51 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by AlpineRAM
Or you could download the Gimp from www.gimp.org for free completely legal and have a whole lot of features (some that only the Pro version of Photoshop has and read the manual before and while working with it. It's got mighty tools and will offer you a lot of functions.

HTH

AlpineRAM
Gimp, I've heard of Gimp before.

Yeah, use that, it's legal.
Old 03-09-2006, 04:56 AM

I bought ULeads PhotoImpact 8 on ebay for cheap a year or so ago.It is quite capable and is my preferred application for printing quality.I bought it as new software for around 10 bucks as I remember and there were plenty more to choose from.
The older Microtek scanners were bundled with ULead PhotoImpact if you happen to know of anyone who has one....The X6 in particular comes with it.Ron G