Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Merry christmas breakroom - dec 25 - 31

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2016, 08:12 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
My grandmother used to make Gingerbread Stan.
Thanks for that memory. Nice.
Old 12-28-2016, 08:37 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 153 Likes on 119 Posts
Scotty, you are welcome. Maybe this will bring back more memories;

The Gingerbread Man

Once upon a time there was a little old woman and a little old man. The little old woman thought she'd make a gingerbread man. She rolled out the dough, and cut out the shape, and she put raisins for his eyes, and peppermints for his teeth, and put icing on his head for the hair. Then she put him in the oven, and when it smelled good, she opened up the door to take a peek and

--- Yooop!---

out jumped the gingerbread man.

"Stop! Stop, little gingerbread man!" said the little old lady. "I want to eat you!"
"No!" said the little gingerbread man. "I can run away from you!"

"Run, run, fast as you can!
Can't catch me, I'm the gingerbread man!"

And away he ran!

He ran till he got outside, where he saw the little old man. And the little old man said, "Stop! Stop little gingerbread man! I want to eat you!"

And the little gingerbread man said: "NO! I ran away from the little old woman, and I can run away from you too!

Run, run, fast as you can!

and away he ran!

He ran till he came to the pigsty. And the pig said

"(Oink Oink)-- Stop! Stop little gingerbread man! I want to eat you!"

But the gingerbread man said, "NO! I ran away from the little old woman, I ran away from the little old man, and I can run away from you too!

and away he ran!

He ran till he came to a house. And in front of the house was a dog. And the dog said, "STOP! Stop stop stop stop stoooooooooop! Little gingerbread man! I want to eat you!"

But the gingerbread man said, "NO! I ran away from the little old woman, and the little old man, and a pig, and I can run away from you too!"

and away he ran!

He ran till he came to a field full of cows. And the cows said,

"Mooooo! Stoooooooop! Stoooooooop little gingerbread man. We want to eat you!"

But the gingerbread man said, "NO! I ran away from the little old woman, I ran away from the little old man, and a pig, and a dog, and I can run away from you too!

and away he ran!

He ran till he came to a river. And next to the river was a fox. The fox said, "Hello little gingerbread man."

The gingerbread man said, "HELLO! I ran away from the little old woman, I ran away from the little old man, and a pig, and some cows, and I can run away from you too!

"But," said the fox, "I never run. And I don't want to eat you!"

The gingerbread man said

The fox said, "Run all you want, I'm not going to chase you. But-- I would like to ask you a question."

The gingerbread man said, "What?"

The fox said, "How do figure you're going to get across that stream without getting wet? I mean, if you get wet, you'll get soggy, right?"

The gingerbread man didn't say anything, but he looked very thoughtful.

The fox said, "I've got an idea."

The gingerbread man said, "What?"

The fox said, "I'm going to swim across, right now. If you want, you can hitch a ride on my tail."

The gingerbread man said, "OK," and grabbed the fox's tail. The fox started to wade into the water.

After a few steps, the fox said, "Oh, little gingerbread man. The water is getting kind of deep. I'm afraid you might get wet. Why don't you climb up onto my back?" The gingerbread man looked, and said, "Gee, the water is getting kind of deep, ok," and he climbed up onto the fox's back.

After a few more steps, the fox said, "Oh, little gingerbread man, the water is getting even deeper, I'm afraid you might get wet. Why don't you climb up onto my-- neck?" The gingerbread man looked, and said, "Gee the water is getting kind of deep, ok," and he climbed up onto the fox's neck.

After a few more steps, the fox said, "Oh, little gingerbread man, the water is getting even deeper, I'm afraid you might get wet. Why don't you climb up onto my-- head?" The gingerbread man looked, and said, "Gee the water is getting kind of deep, ok," and he climbed up onto the fox's head.

After a few more steps, the fox said, "Oh, little gingerbread man, the water is getting even deeper, I'm afraid you might get wet. Why don't you climb up onto my-- nose?" The gingerbread man looked, and said, "Gee the water is getting kind of deep, ok," and he climbed up onto the fox's nose.

And the fox went-- SHLLLURP!-- and that was the end of the gingerbread man.
Old 12-28-2016, 01:25 PM

Received 420 Likes on 321 Posts
2" of fresh snow overnight, ice underneath it. More Friday then freezing rain next week. I think this time the cabin is going by by. A serous buyer not trying to low ball me on the hook.
Old 12-28-2016, 02:01 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Originally Posted by Scotty
My grandmother used to make Gingerbread Stan.
I've never had a Gingerbread Stan...is that a a gingerbread man with a south of the border flair?
Old 12-28-2016, 02:29 PM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

It is very evident that it is necessary to walk or talk gingerly around Lary or else he gets things all messed up!
Old 12-28-2016, 04:31 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Evening everyone!! Well christmas was busy with the running from house to house. Son proposed to his long time girlfriend, Daughter is pregnant with her first, got confirmation today everything is going as it should. Dad is getting older and frustrated that he can't do at 73 what he used to. Typical american family haha. But don't look too close, we sometimes resemble the Griswolds at christmas.
But everyone is healthy, and most of the family is still with us to enjoy it all.
Old 12-29-2016, 06:41 AM

Good morning everybody. Been up for ages. Not going to make coffee or ph00 until someone else shows up.

Still great weather down here. Just received an email from one of my sisters who lives in Jeffreys Bay, South Africa and she is complaining about intense heat and too many tourists. That place is one of the top surfing capitols in the world. Look it up. Been there a few times and it sure is nice.

Howcum my to-do list is growing evn tho I keep knocking jobs off the list?
Old 12-29-2016, 07:48 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by Lary Ellis (Top)
I've never had a Gingerbread Stan...is that a a gingerbread man with a south of the border flair?
A rare and unique species of dough boy.
Has a hint of corn and a dash of jalapeno.
Hot to Trot.
Old 12-29-2016, 10:48 AM

Received 420 Likes on 321 Posts
A strong winter storm approaches this evening. Off to get a few things done before things shut down. Going to be moving a lot of snow this weekend. At least the landlord got around to moving what fell yesterday and the night before.
Old 12-29-2016, 12:14 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Evening all waiting on the snow to start, had a good Christmas but back is sore from putting all the decorations away, have a good one
Old 12-29-2016, 08:05 PM
'People of Wal-Mart' 2010 finalist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Evening all...
Old 12-29-2016, 08:07 PM
Admin Team Leader

Originally Posted by Fronty Owner
Evening all...
Hey Stranger! Merry Christmas! glad you could stop by
Old 12-29-2016, 08:34 PM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Hi gang - - - day finally slowed down so I could stick my head in. Funeral memorial went very well for my son-in-law with a great attendance. Lots of our family there with many of our friends and a whole bunch of Jeff's family and friends - - Jeff is a Sarasota boy and lived here his whole life - - quite well known (in a good way). BBQ dinner at Jeffs aunt's house was very nice and again, well attended. Daughter held up extremely well and once the urn was in the ground, it was a like a load lifted and she went around greeting everyone. She did great.

I have been running and working all day, installing dishwasher at sis-in-laws house, grouting some tile work around my counter tops, trying to put stuff back away in the garage. Tomorrow is out to the ranch and organize Jeff's tools and supplies, put a price on them, and prepare for a garage sale. So, have a good one tomorrow and I will try and say boo when I come in from the boonies.

Bob
Old 12-29-2016, 08:43 PM
Admin Team Leader

Prayers sent from here Bob...I know it has been rough on you as well.
Old 12-30-2016, 10:48 AM
'People of Wal-Mart' 2010 finalist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Lary Ellis (Top)
Hey Stranger! Merry Christmas! glad you could stop by
Thanks.

been going like crazy for the last couple years. took a couple weeks vacation and met up with some old friends and thought about saying hey to everyone in the forums I used to frequent.

Quick Reply: Merry christmas breakroom - dec 25 - 31