Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

*** Get Your Groove On Breakroom 5/22/16 - 5/28/16 ***

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2016, 04:35 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Hi Heidi! Glad to see you around here again!
I got the new water heater installed yesterday. It only took one extra trip to town for some PVC. This heater is physically larger than the old one, so had to move the powervent duct.

Old heater is soon to reside in the shop. I'm thinking hot water out there will be nice! (as long as it lasts). After that, tank will become something useful like a yard roller.....
Old 05-24-2016, 11:45 AM
I wish I was as fine, as those who work the pipeline!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sup peoples!!

Hey Ma, do they have camel races in Kali?

Takin the truck to get its feet lined up straight. Then... who knows!

Y'all be good!!
Old 05-25-2016, 06:37 AM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Morning all - - time to climb out of that bed and join the living. Not many made it yesterday (including me), so I made small pots of coffee and ph00. Come and get your day started along with fresh sprinkles....................

Off on another day of fun stuff to do. Be good. Enjoy life. Contribute. Observe. Do something special for someone today...........

Bob
Old 05-25-2016, 07:10 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 152 Likes on 118 Posts
Good morning peoples and ............

Thanks Bob for the cawphee. Looks like another hot day down here in melting Paradise. Oh, well, we will survive, even without A/C in the house. Actually, inside the house it is not that bad.

Was out at the orphanage yesterday and was given a whole bunch of commercial kitchen equipment to fix. Never know what jobs I am going get there. This is all heavy duty stuff, like half horse motors for a juicer. Never worked on stuff like that before, but it is easy to figure out. Brought one huge cake mixer home as I could not take it apart there. It took two hefty guys to load this into my truck and they battled to lift it up over the tailgate. The truck bed is going to become my work table here at home as there is no way I can carry that heavy machine into my workshop by myself.

Off to get my day started. Ciao.
Old 05-25-2016, 03:38 PM

Stan, you need to get a lift gate for sure!

Guys at work plugged a normal utility trailer into a 24v HUMV. Burned all the lights and the brakes out. Boss checked into having it fixed. Best quote was right at 500 bucks. I got a Govt credit card and got all the parts for 145 bucks. Guess what I'm doing tomorrow?????

Actually not a bad deal as it gets me out of the office and away from the paperwork!

(Do you think they will notice a charge for a new truck?????????)
Old 05-26-2016, 08:59 AM
I wish I was as fine, as those who work the pipeline!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by sherod

I got a Govt credit card and got all the parts for 145 bucks.

(Do you think they will notice a charge for a new truck?????????)
Depends if you have contributed to hillary or not... (sorry could not resist)

Morning all. no idea whats going on today. gonna play it by ear.

Fresh squeezed lead lead and cotton batting on the table for our vets. God Bless you all!!!
Old 05-26-2016, 03:27 PM

Originally Posted by wyododge
Depends if you have contributed to hillary or not... (sorry could not resist)
Dang! That cut wide and deep!

Whereabouts in WY are you located? I'll be in Casper next month visiting the folks.
Old 05-26-2016, 05:34 PM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Greetings earthlings, diesel sniffers and the rest of you. Last night we had rain! OK, only enough to moisten, not wet the ground, but it's a start. Today it has been mostly cloudy and that is nice to see. It's gets quite boring when every day is just blue sky and lots of sun. Right now I hear thunder, so maybe we will have more rain tonight. Can also smell rain, so it must be close.

Got that big mixer fixed. The starter switch was bad. The replacement was a different brand and configuration, so had to do a small amount of head scratching to figure out where all 12 wires needed to go. Don't have a wiring diagram. Delivered it this morning and it took two guys to take it out of my truck. Yes sherod, do need a lift gate. The mixer was full of cockroaches!!! Absolutely hate it when those things run out and over my hands. No live roaches in there now as I saturated the guts of the machine with a commercial long lasting roach and ant killer. Not exaggerating, but there must have been over 100 of those miserable critters that came staggering out after I hit the insides with the killer. Was working on this machine as it sat on the tailgate of my truck and just hope that now I do not find any roaches in the truck later. My wife will kill me if she sees one while we are driving.

Edit; was curious as to why the starter switch failed like it did. Dismantled it and discovered that it was jammed solid with lots of small dead cockroaches. Absolutely HATE and DETEST those things and now feel like my whole body is crawling with bugs.
Old 05-26-2016, 08:36 PM

Originally Posted by Mexstan
cockroaches. Absolutely HATE and DETEST those things and now feel like my whole body is crawling with bugs.
Big baby. They won't hurt you. Pet them and they will love you. Make friends with them. ...............

Finally slowed down enough to check this joint out. Sure no traffic. Too late for my ph00, so just say hi - - bye and go jump in the shower. Eye doc today - - he wasn't happy. Sent me to the glaucoma doc for next week. Shoulder doc tomorrow - - don't want to hear what he is going to tell me. OUCH.

OK, morry. Sleep good.
Old 05-26-2016, 10:43 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by FiverBob
Big baby. They won't hurt you. Pet them and they will love you. Make friends with them. ...............

Finally slowed down enough to check this joint out. Sure no traffic. Too late for my ph00, so just say hi - - bye and go jump in the shower. Eye doc today - - he wasn't happy. Sent me to the glaucoma doc for next week. Shoulder doc tomorrow - - don't want to hear what he is going to tell me. OUCH.

OK, morry. Sleep good.
Nighty night BobbyDependable
Old 05-27-2016, 06:11 AM

Morning. Coffee and ph00 is fresh, hot and ready. Fresh made tacos on the counter next to the stove where there are assorted delicious fillings. The green one is yummy, but may be a tad spicy for some of you. Help yourselves.

Had a lovely rain last night. Not a downpour, but a nice steady rain that will soak into the thirsty ground.

Off to continue my day that started an hour ago.

Ciao.
Old 05-27-2016, 06:55 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Thanks for the great fixins Stanican!
Old 05-27-2016, 07:28 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Mmmmmm tacos

Thanks Stan
Old 05-27-2016, 07:32 AM

Hey Stan - - I will browse and see what is not smokin' - - don't want that in my belly as much as I love it. Sitting here with a 1/2 empty ph00, so will refill and enjoy. ...................

Off to doc this morning on the shoulder issue.... ......When ya do sumpin tupid, u pay the piiiper. .........

Y'all be good and have a great day. (Friday - - can't be - - to fast)

Hey Scotty LEGGS - - tell everyone about your strong man stuff coming up. Neat stuff.

Bob

ps: OK Heidi - - come out of hiding. We know you are there somewhere. I know what it is - - it is a Kalifernia thingy. ................
Old 05-27-2016, 08:57 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Another season of events!

Of the 6-7 events in our province, I'm helping with three.
First one is a provincial amateur qualifier for the national final we are also hosting.
In the middle of that we are doing the Western Canadian Strongman Final on Canada Day for the pro's.

Quick Reply: *** Get Your Groove On Breakroom 5/22/16 - 5/28/16 ***