ONDTR #39 Forum for the Ontario chapter #39

Cummins Invades Cayuga Dragway! Ontario! June 26!

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2010, 04:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cummins Invades Cayuga Dragway! Ontario! June 26!

Hey Everyone,

This is the official thread for the Cummins Invades Cayuga Dragway! All questions on the subject should be posted here.

Please note, THE DATE HAS CHANGED!!. The original date of June 19 had to be changed as Cayuga has booked another large event that day. This event was not on their schedule when the initial date of the 19th was chosen. If we were to go, we may be waiting 3 hours plus PER RUN! As this is the case, the date has been moved to JUNE 26! One week later! Please let anyone you know that is planning to attend this event know of the change!

The schedule for the 26th is as follows:

- Prior to leaving home you will need the following: Long pants, Snell/DOT approved helmet (for all trucks faster than 13.99 et) and that your truck is in good running condition, especially your brakes!! You will need those at the end of the ¼ mile!

-Track opens at 10:30 AM. TDR Drivers meeting will start at 11:00 to go over the basic drag race how to.

-Actual racing will begin 11:15 ish.

-When arriving at the track gate, tell them you are there for a Test and Tune. This will makes things easier for you and them.

-As the pit area is a fist come first serve thing, I will try to be there right at opening to reserve a spot for all of us. Keep an eye out for the silver 1990 W250 with a silver car trailer. Most of you know my truck already so....

-All trucks will need to get tech inspected! The basic idea of tech inspection is to ensure your truck is safe for racing. To help yourself, remove all garbage from your truck bed BEFORE LEAVING HOME! They will also ensure things like batteries are strapped down and that your vehicle looks safe. If you have large rust holes in the body and parts falling off, you may be denied racing.

-Lunch is bring your own as there is not too much at the track to eat unless you want some pricey food.

-The cost is $30. I suggest you have it in cash.

-This is a open test and tune day for all vehicles, so be prepared with a camera in the event some unique vehicles show up. You never know.

-The $30 is good for all day so you can stay however long you want, be it an hour, or till dark.

The track is located at:

Toronto Motorsports Park
1040 Kohler Road
Cayuga, Ontario, Canada
N0A 1E0

Website with directions is: Toronto Motorsports Park - Dragway

Helmets: If you think you will be faster than 13.99, then you will need one. “Well how do I know how fast my truck will be? I have never run it on a drag strip before!”

Good question.

Most stock trucks will be in the 15-25 second range depending on year. If you have a tuner or if you know you are putting down some power, you may want to pull your snowmobile helmet out of borrow one. You will get away with your first pass, but then they will make you wear it.

Here is a link that you can calculate you approx 1/4 mile time to help you out:
1/4 Mile ET Calculator

Robert