NCDTR #18 Forum for the North Carolina chapter #18

coastal plains dec 2

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2007, 09:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I defenetly will buddy. I plan on starting these a little earlier in the day than I did with the studs lol.
Old 12-06-2007, 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by John_P
----------------
David:

Your truck IS NOT SLOW Buddy!! In fact, it is one of, if not THE fastest 2003Ford PSD 6.0's that I have seen and I have seen alot of them run. I only wish you could have made it out last Sunday and run 2141pete with that truck of yours. He really would have been whining then! Heck David, you and I were as close as Pete and I were at the end of the 1/4 mile that night we raced!

--------
John_P
John

So what are you saying..no one wants to lose to a Ford

I'm gonna get these issues taken care of with this thing and we'll have to set up a get together at the track and see how I fare with ALL the fast Dodges...win or lose...you know I'm game

Just don't want to hear any whinning if this slow Ford knabs someone..lol
Old 12-06-2007, 02:31 PM

I'll race you David. If I loose I can still brag that I have fast buddies LOL
Old 12-06-2007, 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by 2141pete
I'll race you David. If I loose I can still brag that I have fast buddies LOL
Why do you think I hang around John??

I just always feel like the ODD man out though with my 6SLOW because there are always so many fast Dmaxes and Dodges around and ZERO Fords.
Old 12-06-2007, 02:50 PM

Stock for stock you are FAST though. Your truck hauls tail man there is nothing to be ashamed of. Look at everything I have done to mine and yuors is still faster.

Last edited by John_P; 12-06-2007 at 05:20 PM. Reason: Profanity
Old 12-06-2007, 06:16 PM
Banned

Pete

Just remember that the lower end in your CTD will be working long after the 6.0 comes apart. The 6.0 runs real well, but no were as long as a CTD. I don't want anyone to think that I'm slaming the ford, because I'm not. Its just that when you make a 6.0 run as good as his, the lower end isn't going to last.

CRIS
Old 12-06-2007, 08:05 PM

----------------------------------------------------------
Like I told you at the track last Sunday, call me if you need a hand putting them on. With twins, the more help you have, the better off you are!!

That's for sure!!! John has helped many a set of twins get installed. I never would have gotten mine installed without the help of John and Cris and Johnner.
Old 12-06-2007, 09:00 PM
Administrator

Received 52 Likes on 50 Posts
Originally Posted by UnrulyNFS
That's for sure!!! John has helped many a set of twins get installed. I never would have gotten mine installed without the help of John and Cris and Johnner.
-------------------------------------------
Keegan:

Thanks for your kind words buddy! I would sure be happy to help Pete as I said, but my guess is he won't call me! He just likes to do things on his own which is fine but I really did try to stress to him how much easier it is with a few extra people when installing twin turbos.

--------
John_P
Old 12-07-2007, 07:03 AM

Originally Posted by masonic-dodge
Pete

Just remember that the lower end in your CTD will be working long after the 6.0 comes apart. The 6.0 runs real well, but no were as long as a CTD. I don't want anyone to think that I'm slaming the ford, because I'm not. Its just that when you make a 6.0 run as good as his, the lower end isn't going to last.

CRIS
Sir
How many 6.0's have you seen throw a rod or lose the bottom end??
Everytime someone see's a 6.0 running good the excuses start flying as to why it does and how long it's gonna last.

I have had my truck almost 3 years and it has had MANY 1/4 mile passes on the stock headgaskets,bolts and most of all transmission...can you say that?

I dare you to find a post of me giving a Dodge truck anything other than a compliment so why play the "let's see how long the bottom end lasts in the 6.0" just because my truck runs good.

I guess that's what I get for coming to a Dodge website huh...later.
Old 12-07-2007, 08:19 AM
DTR question asker

I think he stated he wasn't trying to slam the 6.0.

You said it yourself when you say "Everytime someone see's a 6.0 running good". (I will refrain from going into deeper analysis of that quote). He was not saying that they are all junk, just that the Cummins' bottom end will oftentimes outlast the 6.0s.
Old 12-07-2007, 08:38 AM

Originally Posted by dieselfuelonly
I think he stated he wasn't trying to slam the 6.0.

You said it yourself when you say "Everytime someone see's a 6.0 running good". (I will refrain from going into deeper analysis of that quote). He was not saying that they are all junk, just that the Cummins' bottom end will oftentimes outlast the 6.0s.
Then how did the bottom end of a 6.0 even get into the post then?

We were joking and talking about dragracing and out of the blue he tells Pete at least his bottom end will last longer...that's a good excuse if you get outrun huh

If you have anything to add about how much better your motor is then speak up...I'm sure it's nothing I haven't heard before.
Old 12-07-2007, 10:23 AM

-------------------------------------------
Keegan:

Thanks for your kind words buddy! I would sure be happy to help Pete as I said, but my guess is he won't call me! He just likes to do things on his own which is fine but I really did try to stress to him how much easier it is with a few extra people when installing twin turbos.

--------
John_P
I will definetley call you for this one John, If you arent busy what better help could a guy ask for. I am gonna try to do them on saturday. I will give you a call this afternoon and we can talk about it. Thanks for the offer, I bet when you said if I ever needed any help you wouldnt be able to keep me out of your hair LOL
Old 12-07-2007, 12:21 PM
DTR question asker

Originally Posted by iracemx6
Then how did the bottom end of a 6.0 even get into the post then?

We were joking and talking about dragracing and out of the blue he tells Pete at least his bottom end will last longer...that's a good excuse if you get outrun huh

If you have anything to add about how much better your motor is then speak up...I'm sure it's nothing I haven't heard before.
Why would I try to add something about my motor being better? I'm not trying to start an argument here...

Guess I'll just stay out of this one.

Old 12-07-2007, 08:03 PM
Administrator

Received 52 Likes on 50 Posts
Guys, let's try real hard to keep this thread civil and respectful to each other.
Please!

I have to say that I have personally seen David's (iracemx6) 2003 Ford PSD 6.0 run and as I have said in the past, it is one of, if not the quickest daily driver Ford PSD 6.0's that I have ever seen. There is no doubt in my mind that his Ford 6.0 could beat some the Dodges in our N.C. Crew. We all have our "preferences" on make, model etc. of diesel trucks, but that does not mean we can't get along with each other. I have to say that David is as loyal to his Ford PSD 6.0 as we are to our Dodge CTD's.

Thanks.

--------
John_P
Old 12-08-2007, 07:04 PM

I have somthing for you to consider.
A friend of John_P and mine from a few years ago used to give this advice at times like this.
Quote from Pete
This is why they invented Neapolitan Ice Cream, some like strawberry, some like vanilla and some like chocolate.
I've used this to understand many things to help me make sense of why some people do what they do. Of course there are times when idiots do the things they do that I just shake my head.

I've met a few folks down here with fords and a few of them asked me stuff like why do I have those gauges or why do you sit and let your truck idle before you shut it off. Some of them say thats a good idea and some just say you don't need to do that with a ford. That is all fine with me it is there money.

I wish I was back up in N. C. I havn't found the friendship I was used to up there. Of course I am still "Nick the new guy" down here in FORD COUNTRY.
I hope to be back up north (NC) when Geoffrey comes home from Iraq in the spring.

Take care and remember to be nice
See Ya
Chris

Quick Reply: coastal plains dec 2