MSDTR #31 Forum for the Mississippi chapter #31
View Poll Results: Where Should Our Chapter's Next Meet-N-Greet Be Held?
Tupelo, MS
0%
Jackson, TN
0%
Other* Please Specify
0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

MSDTR Chapter #31 Roundtable Discussion

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2006, 07:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just wanted to bump this thread to the top. How did the dinner meeting go? Sorry I could'nt make it, but let me know how it went if you guys had it.
Old 03-09-2006, 08:00 PM

Everyone bailed out on it. No biggie. Just not enough people around here intrested it the diesel performance it seems.
Streetsmoker got his new injectors in and WOW, they are sweet. One ride in his truck and im sure we could get some folks intrested. Oh well.
Old 03-10-2006, 02:55 AM
Chapter President

Well, I guess I can say I've had some ride and drive time testing my new injectors. I'm in Tucumcarri, NM staying the night before I drive on in to PHX tomorrow. How is it possible that my cruising rpms while towing have dropped about 75rpm's with the new injectors? Man this thing is even smoother running while towing DMax. It's almost spooky how quit things are now while towing at 60-73 and above 77mph. The only problem I have is that I have a drone at 74-76mph that didn't used to be there no problem really though, just drive a little faster or slower, seeing as how it only occurs in such a small rpm range. My egts are no different and mileage it up about .5mpg@70mph and below and unchanged above that.
Old 03-10-2006, 08:43 AM

Streetsmoker, I talked to all the guys over at Mid South Diesel yesterday and ordered my pyro and boost gauge. Then we started talking about boxes. Do you know anyone running this box and do you know anything about it?

http://www.bd-power.com/ram/product....%20Plus&tt=ram
Old 03-12-2006, 09:20 PM

Congrats on the new injectors SS, glad to hear their working out for you. Hey Dmax that thing looks kinda like a rebadged edge don't it? As for the chapter, it'll pick up steam it's just hard to get people together on a week night. I'll holler at you fellas later.
Old 03-12-2006, 10:14 PM

Originally Posted by needaram
it's just hard to get people together on a week night.
I never thought about that. I guess your right. Maybe next time we can do a weekend thing.

Streetsmoker, you having fun in AZ? Hows the truck doing? Trans still holding together? Let us know how you and the truck are doing.
Old 03-14-2006, 02:26 AM
Chapter President

I just posted in my tranny problem thread. I made up my mind, and I'll be looking for a dyno while I'm out here. I have to know exactly what I'm putting out. It seems like I was giving the guys at the diesel shop thrill ride today and they all asked me if I have had it dyno'd and I said not since stacking boxes and adding the injectors. I told them I'm probly pushing right at 450hp. After test driving my truck, Randy (the owner of Reliable Diesel Performance) said he wouldn't be surprised if I'm allredy at 500hp. I would have never thought it waas that much, but he has put together some serious trucks, and reportedly the quickest Diesel in the PHX area, so I didn't question his oppinion. One more thing about that truck he built: It is a Superduty with a twin turbo 5.9 12V Cummins that ran a 10.89 at Thunderbird raceway a couple weeks ago and set the track class record for street legal pickups.
Old 03-14-2006, 09:06 AM

It wasnt Maddogs was it?
Old 03-14-2006, 12:08 PM
Chapter President

I don't know, I'll have to ask him about that. I did mess up on the track though it was at Speedworld (the "OTHER" 1/4mi. track here) not Firebird Raceway.
Old 03-17-2006, 10:48 PM

Streetsmoker, I got your message about the 1/4 mile times. WOW, I still say a set of slicks would shave at least a second off your ET. How fast is a low 13 second run?
Old 03-18-2006, 03:16 AM
Chapter President

Before I do that, I'm going to need a lift pump and a turbo to burn all the fuel I put to it. Towards the end of my runs, I could tell I was getting major fuel starvation problems, cause the truck seemed to just die off after pulling real hard the 1st 3/4's of the way down the track.

My official quickest time was 13.62@103mph. 60ft. was 2.12sec. I was running very consistant 13.6-13.9's with 2.1-2.2sec. 60ft. times. The very last run i made while racing that Lightning I pulled down a 2.008 60ft. but forgot to disable my defuel program on the Edge, and wound up with a 13.70 et. I caught the Lightning at the line and 1/2 way down the track was a hood length ahead until he pulled away. Thats when I realized it started cutting power. He pulled down a 13.37@102mph on that run, so I know I would have been right there with him if I remembered to deactivate the defuel safety on the Edge.

So does that meen I can tell people my truck can run low to mid 13's in the 1/4? . I'm wiling to bet I could easily pick up a consistant 1/4-1/3 sec. once I put on that Walbro lift pump, and cure the fuel starvation problem. What do you think?
Old 03-18-2006, 09:09 AM

It sure wont hurt, But I still say slicks would help more I just got to say this one time, You got beat by a Lightning!!!
Old 03-18-2006, 07:07 PM

Kinda new here. I'm in Nashville and lookin for other trucks in the area. If you guys get a place and date nailed down I'd like to make it out there if at all possible. Are there any members out this way?

Thanks - max
Old 03-18-2006, 09:37 PM

There you are. We are going to have a meet in Jackson in the very near future. We dont know a date or time, but Streetsmoker, the president, will be on in a little while and maybe he has decided something. I hope to get a lot of guys out of Nashville down here for that meet. We have plenty of trucks in the Memphis area, but no one seems to want to get into the group thing with us. We got about 5 members so far and have only had one official meet. Some great guys so far. We are also trying to plan a Dyno day here in Memphis with the guys at Mid South Diesel. They are a great bunch of guys and one of them is a member of our group. Welcome aboard if you eant to join. Like I said, Streetsmoker will chime in in a few minutes and get us all filled in on what hes thinking. I need to call him in a minute anyway, I see what he says then.
Welcome All.
Old 03-20-2006, 10:00 PM

Paging doctor Streetsmoker, Paging doctor Streetsmoker, you are needed in the roundtable discussion post STAT.

Where you at? My phone shot craps on me so I havent been able to return any calls. I think it will be ok when it dries out.

Quick Reply: MSDTR Chapter #31 Roundtable Discussion