HELP! If you have an EMERGENCY situation with your truck, or you need IMMEDIATE technical help, use this board.

Oh NO !! Accidentally pushed in a plug in the ECU that I need to fill with new wire

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2005, 08:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oh NO !! Accidentally pushed in a plug in the ECU that I need to fill with new wire

I can't believe I did it. I accidentally pushed in the stupid little red plug in the ECU that I need to put a new wire in for my new Pacbrake.

Is there a way to get it out ???

I'd like to ask you guys before I do anything else to it.

Once I do get it out, and ready to put the new wire in, How much insulation should I strip off the wire end to put in the hole as bare wire ??
Old 03-26-2005, 08:32 PM

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts
hey man, nothing to it.

make sure your batteries are unhooked, and carefully remove the connector from the ecm, then use a very small welding tip cleaner, or piece of tag wire to push the plug back out through the hole. I have had to do this a couple of times with ornery plugs.

Remember, don't sweat the petty things, and whatever you do.... don't pet the sweaty things.

Good luck, and happy braking
Old 03-26-2005, 09:13 PM

Thanks !!!

Whats the proper way to put a new wire in there ??
Old 03-26-2005, 09:48 PM

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts
the wire that comes with the pacbrake should have the pin already on the end of it. you merely push it into place from the outside, after you re-attach the connector to the ECM. Viola, goes together like two rabbits.

when you are properly hooked up, with the wire in the proper terminal on the connector block, you will notice what Pac calls a 3 second delay, between letting off the throttle, and engagement of the brake. This delay can actually vary between 1 and 3 seconds, although I have yet to see more than a 3 second delay. Makes life so much easier. No goofing about with microswitches for the throttle and clutch pedals, quick easy install, clean, professional.

If you have any issues, or are running in cold weather, PM me. I am currently testing some cold weather solutions for PacBrake. I will say this, their warranty support thus far, has been second to none. A lot of large corporations could learn many valuable things from them.
Old 03-27-2005, 09:59 AM

I can'nt tell from your post do you have a connector that is specificaly for that use , I've been getting computer connectors also the crimper made just for these from napa , then there is also some tools for removing the metal connector from the plastic pugs so you do'nt mangle either.