3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

airdog vs fass

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2008, 03:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by cbrahs
I think the biggest thing is to do the draw straw with the fuel tank still installed in the truck.. removing the bed like 53Willy's did. ensuring you take your time cutting the straw make a huge difference.

Yah, that's too much work though with the canopy, boat rack etc...
Old 02-12-2008, 03:06 PM
Chapter President

Location: misplaced Idahoan stuck in Albuquerque, Roughneckin on RIG 270
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
ya it is a lot of work but it is one of those things that you will be kicking yourself later for not doing. easier to do it 1 time than multiple
Old 02-12-2008, 03:12 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
just so you all know...I dont run out of fuel at 1/4 tank..never dies or stumbles...but my FP reads zero every time I stop and go...it bug me bad enough that I am going to put my pick-up inside the factory canister....
It never dies or stumbles but man I hate reading 0psi on the display!!!
my mega cab tank only has one flat spot to mount a draw straw and it is in front of the factory canister.
I dont see how I could cut it any different...its just the way aftermarket pickups are...
Old 02-12-2008, 03:25 PM

I need to get a fuel pres gauge soon so i can see if mine dose that.
Not to get off the subject but i thought i read somewhere that a fella said his was quieter than his factory system, mines sure not i can here it hummin pritty good even with the radio on i can still here it abit. Is this normal, just wanna make sure nothins wrong with the pump!
Old 02-12-2008, 04:42 PM

I have been down to where the overhead said 25 miles until empty and fuel pressure never dropped eratically. The pump is definitely louder than the stock. I can usually only hear it when I am idling with the radio low.
Old 02-12-2008, 07:15 PM

pump curves???

Does anyone of the AD and/or FASS pump curves that they can post up?

-Thanks-
Old 02-12-2008, 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by JStieger
Does anyone (have) FASS pump curves that they can post up?

-Thanks-
Click here.....
Old 02-12-2008, 11:37 PM

Originally Posted by Diesel-Dan
Good stuff - Thanks!
Old 02-13-2008, 12:05 AM

Originally Posted by cgmorgan06
I have been down to where the overhead said 25 miles until empty and fuel pressure never dropped eratically. The pump is definitely louder than the stock. I can usually only hear it when I am idling with the radio low.
I've taken mine down to 0 miles (not that you should, but I had to see). Uphill and Downhill. Did it a couple of times......all close to home of course! Just to see. I will say I was fully expecting to look like a JackA and run out of fuel . And I've romped on it good and hard when it was in the 20's no problems.
Old 02-13-2008, 01:00 AM

Originally Posted by Sandaholic
I've taken mine down to 0 miles (not that you should, but I had to see). Uphill and Downhill. Did it a couple of times......all close to home of course! Just to see. I will say I was fully expecting to look like a JackA and run out of fuel . And I've romped on it good and hard when it was in the 20's no problems.
So you run the Airdog 150 through the jeep canister? Did you mod the jeep Canister or use as is?
Old 02-13-2008, 07:05 AM

Originally Posted by jgiachino
So you run the Airdog 150 through the jeep canister? Did you mod the jeep Canister or use as is?
Yes, good question. I've been told if I go with the Liberty canister I should only go with the AD-100. (Mind you that adds $100 to the 500 for the AD)

There was someone who modified the Liberty canister on here a while ago, maybe that was you jgiachino?
Old 02-13-2008, 07:50 AM

Originally Posted by Fisherguy
Yes, good question. I've been told if I go with the Liberty canister I should only go with the AD-100. (Mind you that adds $100 to the 500 for the AD)

There was someone who modified the Liberty canister on here a while ago, maybe that was you jgiachino?
Wasn't me.....i'm so confused as to what fuel pump solution to get, i may give up and throw the money at a dirtbike.....like the filtration and $ of the AD, like the hobbs switch, keep stock pump and manual switch on the GDP FuelBoss, the simplicity of the GDP392 .....they all have their pros and cons, i just don't want to run out of fuel / fp at 1/4 or 1/8 tank and don't trust i'll be one of the 10% that get's the draw straw placed correctly....

If the AD100 and Jeep Canister will work w/o starvation issues and can support 550hp, then i'm in.....but there's only 1 or 2 people that can vouch for this and it's relatively recent.

This makes selecting a turbo / tires / other easy!
Old 02-13-2008, 07:56 AM

Modded the liberty canister. Check here

https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/...d+jeep+liberty

And this guy has had good results ask him some questions. Post #23

https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/...anister&page=2
Old 02-13-2008, 08:01 AM

Wasn't me.....i'm so confused as to what fuel pump solution to get, i may give up and throw the money at a dirtbike.....like the filtration and $ of the AD, like the hobbs switch, keep stock pump and manual switch on the GDP FuelBoss, the simplicity of the GDP392 .....they all have their pros and cons, i just don't want to run out of fuel / fp at 1/4 or 1/8 tank and don't trust i'll be one of the 10% that get's the draw straw placed correctly....

If the AD100 and Jeep Canister will work w/o starvation issues and can support 550hp, then i'm in.....but there's only 1 or 2 people that can vouch for this and it's relatively recent.

This makes selecting a turbo / tires / other easy!
Dude. Get the Ad100 and a jeep liberty fuel module. Problems solved. once you do you'll be back on here telling other guys to do it. It will be nice and clean and you won't have to worry about the 1/4 tank issue.
Old 02-13-2008, 08:32 AM

Originally Posted by Fisherguy

PLus you must either take the bed off to do this or drop the tank...

Quick Reply: airdog vs fass