Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

AirDog vs. FASS

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2007, 06:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
where would you get an air dog
Old 11-24-2007, 06:40 PM

charlie good to see that your health is back now. im in the market for a fuel system and when pricing the three fass, yours and walbro 392 yours is practically the best priced. looks like santa is coming early for me. hehehe.

shawn
Old 11-24-2007, 09:22 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Fuel Preporator
ratsun

The AirDog is an original product. It is a fuel filtration delivery system that removes water, particulates (3, 5, & 10 micron StrataPore filters available) and entrained air, and maintains a positive pressure to the engine with a regulated fuel flow. It can be equipped with a pressure gauge or indicator light to monitor pressure. It is available at 100 or 150 gph and comes complete with installation kit. The electric motor has the same brushes and commutator plates as its big brother used on class 8/semi's. Those systems have been documented to go 600,000 to 800,000 miles on the big trucks, a very reliable system.

This system is not just a pump. I hope that answers your question.

Charlie
Thanks Charlie
Do you have a high pressure one for the 12v guys?
Old 11-24-2007, 09:43 PM

They will have an adjustable version very soon! Perfect for the 12v guys. Don't quote me, but I think it was adjustable to 45-50 psi???? I am sure Charlie will have some additional info.
Old 11-24-2007, 10:34 PM

ratsun

The AirDog 100 and 150 are both available now at pressures for the 12 valve. The NEW Raptor Fuel Pump with an adjustable pressure regulator will be available very soon!!! The really neat thing about this new line of fuel pumps is th....aah...well maybe we had better just wait until next week to let the cat out of the bag. Just keep your eyes out for more banner ads.

Charlie
Old 11-25-2007, 12:38 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Charlie,

Good to see you're back.
I dont know about everyone else, but when I call with questios about a procduct and I get a call from the owner who is out travling accross the country to answer them, I'm sold. The thing I personal like most about he airdog is it holds 18psi solid. It stays at 18psi if you are ideling or WOT with 600 RWHP.

JJ
Old 11-25-2007, 06:23 AM

At the price I negotiated on my fass system, I couldnt pass it up.
I just havent heard of that many people with the airdog setup
Old 11-25-2007, 09:07 AM

I've had my Airdog for a little over 100,000 miles now with no issues. I've upgraded to a stronger spring so it holds 21 pounds both at idle and when the truck is at full power. And I run either the 3 micron Airdog filters or the Fleetguard replacements. With the larger standpipe in my tank you can just barely hear the pump run even when the truck isn't running. It's an unbeleiveably quiet system and when I buy a newer truck to go along with this one it will also get an Airdog as one of the first modifications.
Old 11-25-2007, 11:42 AM

I have the Fass I have had no problems with it has been great and is not that Noisey
Old 11-26-2007, 10:38 AM

I back up the AirDog 100%. Had it on my 24v, pushing alot of fuel, and couldn't drop pressure below 12psi. I recently took it off my 24v, and just installed in on my 12v. Had to get a 12v install kit for it. Everything is working great and Ive had great luck with it. If you put the two kits side by side (AirDog and a FASS), the AirDog is a clear winner. Not trying to knock on FASS by any means, but I just feel the AirDog is higher quality.
Old 11-26-2007, 11:58 AM

I looked at the AirDog when I bought my FASS HPFP, but I could not find a vendor or price. I needed one now, so I got the FASS. The AirDog would have been a better deal, as it comes with filters for about the same price I paid for my FASS.
Old 11-26-2007, 12:05 PM

Hey if I would have come across the deal they are advertising on the airdog I would have probably got it instead of my 150/150... But I got a good deal and I have no regrets about the FASS (except I'm one of those that wanted to keep it loud so I could hear it, but I got a quiet one ) FASS is a great proven unit and I'm sure the airdog is/will be as well! It's great FASS has some good competition!
Old 11-27-2007, 05:04 PM

I think tha lowest my fuel psi has been is around 16-18 psi
Old 11-28-2007, 12:01 AM

Originally Posted by shawn880
charlie good to see that your health is back now. im in the market for a fuel system and when pricing the three fass, yours and walbro 392 yours is practically the best priced. looks like santa is coming early for me. hehehe.

shawn

Shawn, if you are going to compare apples to apples its ok to compare the AirDog to the fass. But, it wouldn't be fair to compare the AirDog to a pump only system. How about comparing the Raptor Fuel Pump (our New fuel pump) to the other pump. Its a gearotor pump, 100 or 150 gph, a 16,000 hour pump life (thats about 800,000 miles at 50 mph), a built in adjustable regulator, our VacU Seal technology, that means the shaft seal is under vacuum, not pressure (makes the seal last & last & last), includes a complete install kit with no drill mounting brackets, wiring harness, and Big Line 1/2" fuel lines are standard. Did I forget, it also has a protecting screen behind the fuel inlet port.

The banner ads with pricing should be popping up tomorrow!!!

Compare them apples!!!

Charlie
Old 11-28-2007, 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by Fuel Preporator
Shawn, if you are going to compare apples to apples its ok to compare the AirDog to the fass. But, it wouldn't be fair to compare the AirDog to a pump only system. How about comparing the Raptor Fuel Pump (our New fuel pump) to the other pump. Its a gearotor pump, 100 or 150 gph, a 16,000 hour pump life (thats about 800,000 miles at 50 mph), a built in adjustable regulator, our VacU Seal technology, that means the shaft seal is under vacuum, not pressure (makes the seal last & last & last), includes a complete install kit with no drill mounting brackets, wiring harness, and Big Line 1/2" fuel lines are standard. Did I forget, it also has a protecting screen behind the fuel inlet port.

The banner ads with pricing should be popping up tomorrow!!!

Compare them apples!!!

Hharlie
Sounds like this is a reliable solution/option---hope it proves as good as my Airdog,after my Fass became way to noisy i changed it out and went with the Airdog,so far its hanging in their at 16-18 PSI,can"t pull it below 14PSI with my mods.When i spoke with Charlie,he understood my frustration with my many FAILED pusher pumps and i honestly was a skeptic,but i just wanted something reliable and works/forget about it ---so far i'm happy.My 2 cents,no flame or war intended

Quick Reply: AirDog vs. FASS