3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Line Lock?

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2006, 11:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Line Lock?

Anybody ever installed a line lock on the brake system?

I am wanting to be able to do a good burnout without the three foot operation required to do a brake stand. Ive got a few sets of tires that still have good tread and would like to enter the truck in a burnout competition at one of the truck shows. Never entered one but I think it might do a good burnout if I was capable of keeping the front of the truck planted.

Was told is might help my launch speed for racing also.
Old 02-13-2006, 12:12 AM

I've been thinking of putting a line lock on also, but not for burnouts. I've seen somewhere that people where using them as an extra brake while loading and unloading their truck.
I notice when loading my tractor on my tailer that even with the Ebrake there is still alot of movement especaily when there is a lot of weight on the back of the trailer picking up on the rear of the truck.
Old 02-13-2006, 08:11 PM

Great, multipurpose. Even more reason to get one. I had'nt thought of that but your right.
Old 02-13-2006, 10:06 PM

I run rear line lock. I use it when I do burn out contest. Works great. Good luck with the manual trans. Got mine from jegs.com fittings were local.
Kory
Old 02-14-2006, 01:30 AM

What are you thinking is gonna be my problem with the manual? If I can keep my rpm's up and shift quick enough then I would assume it would be fine.

Also you said you run a rear line lock, wouldnt that be opposite? I would think you would want to lock the front brakes or atleast send all of your braking preasure to the front.
Old 02-14-2006, 02:14 AM

he must use it in reverse ( id make sure their rated to do that) meaning he locks it in before the hits the brakes thus keeping fuid out.
Old 02-14-2006, 03:08 AM

I really want to be able to adjust from front brakes to back just like in the racecar and still be able to lock them out for burnouts.

That way if I am runnin down a gravel road I could adjust it to "setup" going into a corner. If a guy ever wanted to do any entry level racing with his truck this would sure be nice.

Im not sure how to go about this though with all the ABS crap on the truck. In dirt racing it is a **** or a lever that controls a valve that allows you to select from all front to all rear or anywhere in between. I think I may be overthinking this thing. I will go look at it tomorrow and see how hard it would be. Might be able to piece it together with pieces from jegs and so forth.
Old 02-14-2006, 09:55 PM

It looks like this is gonna be pretty simple after drwing it out on paper. And the finished product as it appears will be a **** that I can adjust left for front and right for rear or in the middle for std brakes. The lock will just have to be a stand alone peice unless anyone knows of one that you pull to lock and twist for bias (frt to rear). That would be nice but I aint holdin my breath. It looks based on the parts I priced to cost me under $200 if im right. Dont know what effect it will have on the ABS (dont really care) but Im gonna go do some looking on the rally race guys and see what they do.