Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

*** The Good Food and Good Friends Breakroom 10/19 - 10/25 ***

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2014, 06:13 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Sorry, Cougar

Originally Posted by pind
Ne, because Freightliner won't know. The vin won't give can use, only oem. If it's a 3406 cat, try Napa 9530, down to 9510 depending on configuration, or just run a rope around the pulleys, measure the length, and buy accordingly.

Otherwise, it's Sunday, day of no rest. However, all is good.

Off to see what we can't mess up today.
Century class with a 60 series.... if anyone knows, it would be them.

This ms250's been in the shop twice this summer, and not run a tank of gas through it. 262XP should be here end of the week.
Old 10-19-2014, 09:45 PM

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts
Cougar, sorry to hear about your dad. My old guy went in May, at 84. If you need some basics, let me know, I've buried enough people to have a pretty good idea what needs done.

Ne, I have long lowered my expectations when it comes to dealership knowledge, and they continually strive to lower the bar further. Most of the good, old-school guys are gone. They have been superseded by a bunch of computer literate, reality challenged wastes of space. Space which would be better occupied by a statue, which when given direction, will actually do what you expect of it.... nothing. So, same effect, without the collateral effect of nutrient and oxygen consumption.

Enough. It's Sunday, so no picking on our fellow "man" or whatever. Happy happy, joy joy.

Have a SWELL evening folks
Old 10-19-2014, 09:52 PM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 152 Likes on 118 Posts
Originally Posted by pind
Ne, I have long lowered my expectations when it comes to dealership knowledge, and they continually strive to lower the bar further. Most of the good, old-school guys are gone. They have been superseded by a bunch of computer literate, reality challenged wastes of space. Space which would be better occupied by a statue, which when given direction, will actually do what you expect of it.... nothing. So, same effect, without the collateral effect of nutrient and oxygen consumption.

I like that! Well said. Sounds about perfect for many of the guys I have tried to deal with. Note; I said 'tried to', not 'dealt with'.
Old 10-19-2014, 10:19 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by cougar
Guys, just got word my dad passed last night at the age of 81 in Montana.
So sorry for your loss. Prayers to you and your family.
Old 10-20-2014, 04:54 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Good Morning DTROnians! Coffee is hot and fresh Almond Mocha in the hidden secure carafe for SoreBob......Fresh Fruit and Cereals on the counter, try the oatmeal, the fresh apples and hand ground cinnamon add the perfect Fall flavor on this cool morning

Our first frost here and it reminds me of a Fall love sonnet......When the sun is hot and sultry, it is no time to commit adultery...but when the frost is on the pumpkin, that's the time for peter dunking...

Have a SAFE week people and prayers sent to cougar and his family today.
Old 10-20-2014, 06:44 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 152 Likes on 118 Posts
Morning all. Hmmmm, nice oatmeal. Thanks Lary.

Love sonnet? Ummm, wellll, hmmm, better not comment.
Old 10-20-2014, 10:58 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Back from finally getting to the dentist for last weeks busted tooth. I said "ouch" one time and he doubled the Novocaine or whatever. Numb from my neck to the very tip of my nose. Feels funny and I look like a danged chipmunk!
Old 10-20-2014, 11:07 AM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Lary - - how did you know???? Cinnamon in my oatmeal along with other things is one of my favorite. Had breakfast at 5:30 but just have to sit down and have another bowl - - smells so good. Didn't see any craisins around to put in it, but luckily have some in my trail mix, so will pick them out for the oatmeal - - and brown sugar - - YEH..........and ph00 from my carafe. ...........................................Ugh - - what is a carafe????

Working in yard from before daylight. Still trying to bring everything under control after being gone so long. Coming around slowly - - -doing one side of the house at a time. Lanai is done - - front is done, now the south side is almost done except 2 new plants. Shoulder and fingers are now hurting horrible. GGGRRRRR - - - don't like this. Have surgery - - don't want to have to do it but days like this make me say "bring it on - - let's get it over with." ............

OK, refill and gone. .....................

Bob
Old 10-20-2014, 11:18 AM

Received 414 Likes on 316 Posts
Thanks folks for the sympathy. It's sowing a little. Makes thing feel less gloomy.
Old 10-20-2014, 11:42 AM
Administrator

Received 171 Likes on 129 Posts
Cougar, sorry for your loss man, been 15 years now since I lost Dad, still talk to him all the time. Now though, I have to be careful because people look at me funny when I am talking to the wind......

Anyway, anyone want an 18 ear old daughter? Really, shes not bad except she hasn't learned how to prevent the stupid tax yet....... If she had the money to pay it herself, I would gladly leave her alone...... but Dad always seems to get the bill.

Sat. night, 7 PM I get the phone call, "Dad, I'm really sorry, I will pay for it"

Oh great, she let a friend who just got his license drive, 3 in the car, and of course, at night on unfamiliar road, blew the stop sign at a T and played Dukes of Hazzard...... Sigh, my poor 02 Crown Vic out in the field.

Told her I was on my way, call the police and report it.......... Got there before the police, WAY out in the field, they had to be doing 55 when they launched. Nobody hurt ( yet, the kid driving kept trying to say he was sorry, about 1 more time kid and I am gonna let my inner Marine out.....) so that was a good thing, police shows up, very nice guy, I think he got the vibe that he couldn't do as much damage to her as I was going to do, so he took names in case the farmer called it in, and said if you have a chain, drag it home.

Was going to see how bad the Vic was on Sunday, so I let her take the Ramcharger to work Sunday...... I really didn't want to mess with the Vic on a Sunday, so I procrastinated until about 5:30 PM, was on my way home to get an idea of what I had to do, if it wasn't indeed bent, when the phone rings.

Can you guess who?

Yep, this time the belt "fell" off the Ramcharger, and she can't get it home. Mind you I barely have 1 hour of light left, so I head in. I can't really fault her, whoever put the engine in used metric bolts to hold the pulley, and they had finally all backed out. Off to get bolts, cussing in the parking lot with flashlights trying to get my big hands up there....... finally get it at 7:45 PM.

Then I find out it had happened at 1:30 PM but she didn't have "time" to call me and let me know before her Soccer game......

Does anyone want a daughter? I could probably pay you say 4-500 a month and still be ahead of the game?

Please?
Old 10-20-2014, 11:59 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
PAT, I feel your pain. I've threatened to go bowling with my daughter's head. Short versions of mine...(1) "But I just let him drive because he's the man"), and "Come get me, I'm broke down by the big white house" (My words now, ok what road and what county????), and best yet "I just put oil in it a couple weeks ago!"

It only gets better when they are older..... That ought to cheer ya up!
Old 10-20-2014, 12:00 PM

Received 209 Likes on 152 Posts
Pat, I feel your pain, but no thanks.

After 9 kids, I know what yer going through. I have to admit I'm rolling on the floor, though.

Having a FiverBob moment. Sitting in the camper, next to a chain link fenced back yard with a mock orange tree in it. Tree's full of robins eating the berries and knocking some down. Fawn whitetail under it, about 10 feet from the camper, eating them off the ground. Ankle biter mutt in the next yard going nuts on the deer about 4 feet away, which is completely ignoring it.
Old 10-20-2014, 01:46 PM

Received 414 Likes on 316 Posts
I hear you can get a good price for them in the slave market.
Marriage works just as well.
Old 10-20-2014, 01:56 PM
Sausage Aficionado (In training)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by j_martin
Pat, I feel your pain, but no thanks.

After 9 kids, I know what yer going through. I have to admit I'm rolling on the floor, though.

Having a FiverBob moment. Sitting in the camper, next to a chain link fenced back yard with a mock orange tree in it. Tree's full of robins eating the berries and knocking some down. Fawn whitetail under it, about 10 feet from the camper, eating them off the ground. Ankle biter mutt in the next yard going nuts on the deer about 4 feet away, which is completely ignoring it.
So, are you saying FiverBob is the clueless fawn or the annoying barking mutt?
Old 10-20-2014, 02:43 PM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by Tallguy67
So, are you saying FiverBob is the clueless fawn or the annoying barking mutt?
No no - - - he is saying I am the idiot down here in Florida who is aggravating his shoulder that is supposed to be replaced and is whimpering and moaning all around the house like a big baby. ........................"J" - - I should pop you some pics of my close encounters with the grizzlies and black bears this summer. Fun. Just too blamed hard to try and get them sized down to post on here. Had some wonderful times on Whidbey Island, WA on the way home at my son's house. The fiver was up the hill a bit behind the house with apple trees all around. A doe with two fawns visited us every morning and evening to search for dropped apples. I would make sure some were there. She got so used to me I could get about 5' from her and lob an apple to her. Beautiful.

Quick Reply: *** The Good Food and Good Friends Breakroom 10/19 - 10/25 ***