Wanted Put your WANTED items here.
Mark this thread as Unsold

WTB: 2nd gen, later model built or stock truck.

Old 07-18-2016, 04:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WTB: 2nd gen, later model built or stock truck.

Hi all, been a long time since posting but this forum started it all for me. First truck was a beat up 2000 sb 4x4. Upgraded and upgraded to different OEM's over the years but in the market for a 2nd gen again.

Looking specifically for 2nd gen 2500. 2001 or 2002. Manual or built auto. Either low mileage stocker or a built truck. Budget of around 25k. Willing to travel.

Thanks. Can't believe it was over 10 years ago since registering.

Jeff
Old 07-18-2016, 06:01 PM

Received 47 Likes on 42 Posts
I decide to buy a new truck this weekend and look what comes up. If you change your mind on the low mileage let me know I am starting to look at new ones am in no rush and looking to do this in a few months. It does however have 340k on it. I can also say you could take a digit off your budget. lots of good stuff on it just has some age and miles. Perfect no, beat on no, used yes but lovingly, never been used for a heavy hauler. Any interest or to hear more about it pm me.
The following users liked this post:
quantrill88 (07-25-2016)
Old 07-18-2016, 11:56 PM

Thanks Barry,

Looks like a nice setup your running. I really miss the 2nd gens. Wish you the best of luck on the new truck! (I'm sure it'll be hard to part with your rig though)

Not planning on a daily driver but will see some miles. Stock would be nice but not sure I'd have the time to build it. Mods are so proven on these trucks hence picking up a low mileage project truck might be my best route.

Thanks!
Jeff
Old 07-19-2016, 04:58 PM

Received 47 Likes on 42 Posts
Jeff
I do think it will be hard to let her go she's been around a long time my favorite vehicle I have ever owned and there has certainly been a few over the decades. Certainly understand your thinking however if you change your mind don't hesitate to let me know
Hope you find what you are looking for and good luck on your project
The following users liked this post:
quantrill88 (07-25-2016)
Old 07-19-2016, 05:50 PM

Thanks Barry! These trucks were my dream back when new. Was lucky enough to own one but a rough example that I traded. Remember spending hours here and even names of some of the old members. Seems like ol'DTR is doing great though. Have always wanted a built (or buildable) 24valve as I've gotten older but haven't been in the position to seriously look until now.

Sure are hard to find these trucks!

Jeff
Old 07-25-2016, 09:24 AM

Felt this should probably stay here, but thought I'd ask if any of ya'll know of any particular places to keep on eye on for these trucks? Looked at one this past week and been searching awhile. Seem to be either beat on "buy here - pay here" dealers, a few speciality dealers around the country that specialize in them but want a premium, and a few low mileage high dollar trucks.

Checked out an 02 6spd. 79k. Cloth. Gauges. No tell tales of mods. Nothing done to the front end. For 27k!

Updated initial post. This has been a long time dream. Back when I had my '00 I dreamedddd of having twins; donM EDM's, and a built tranny but wasn't quite at the age to get there... In a nutshell. Looking for a built 4x4; twinned, fueled, w/ a trans. (Prefer stick) built for the power. Willing to travel. Cash in hand. +/- 25k budget.

Regards,
Jeff
Old 08-09-2016, 09:37 AM

Ended up finding a nicely well built 01 qc 4x4. Hope to post up a few pics and rejoin DTR!

Jeff