TXDTR #8 Forum for the Texas chapter #8

North Texas DTR #8 November GTG

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2007, 03:03 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
North Texas DTR #8 November GTG

Just thought I would go ahead and start a new thread since HRP has come and gone.

Old 10-25-2007, 03:07 AM

Originally Posted by RowJ
So when is a good date for us NOT to be invited to Fairfield?

RJ

Originally Posted by bnold
No Plans... Whenever is fine for me

Originally Posted by XLR8R
I have the 4" inlet/outlet one off of the '05... I think I might've gotten a tankful of #2 through it before the carpet BOMBing...

Hey, I resemble that remark!

Originally Posted by TexasCTD
I think this weather is PERFECT for Shiloh Ridge, personally! But im going ATVing at Chadwick (Mark Twain National Forest) in Missouri...SE of Springfield come Thanksgiving! So im pretty much open to whatever.

I will bring the WW to Shiloh Ridge if ya'll want to go there. It's a blast!! (other good options include Red River Cycle trails 15miles N. of Muenster, TX or Lake Murray, OK just a few miles down the road from Rowland and not far from Ardmore Drags)

FYI....My schedule has changed officially...as of today. IM off on FS now instead of SS evenings. Gotta go back to work on Sunday afternoons now, by choice...instead of working thru Friday evening.

This is where we were.....................now please carry on!
Old 10-25-2007, 07:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm still open to Shiloh... It's whatever.. My place will be good if there are projects to be done... You know concrete, heat, air, light, most tools, etc...

Lake murray is pretty tame, borning riding to me...
Red river can be fun, but is crawling with dirt bikes! Can only stand them so long and you are forced to camp all right next to each other (oh wait Shiloh camping is the same way! ) Camping at Rocky Ridge was much better (Almost got the Dodge and the goose stuck getting to my camping spot! Was great!)
Old 10-25-2007, 07:45 AM

Not sure if ya'll are interested but there's drag racing at the Kennedale track tonight. I know a few of us from the S'ville Chapter are going.
Old 10-25-2007, 07:56 AM

[QUOTE=XLR8R;1756652]I have the 4" inlet/outlet one off of the '05... I think I might've gotten a tankful of #2 through it before the carpet BOMBing...

PM sent Mike.
Old 10-25-2007, 08:27 AM

I'm still open to Shiloh... It's whatever.. My place will be good if there are projects to be done... You know concrete, heat, air, light, most tools, etc...

Lake murray is pretty tame, borning riding to me...
Red river can be fun, but is crawling with dirt bikes! Can only stand them so long and you are forced to camp all right next to each other (oh wait Shiloh camping is the same way! ) Camping at Rocky Ridge was much better (Almost got the Dodge and the goose stuck getting to my camping spot! Was great!)

MAN....you aint kidding.....I like Barnwell due to they shut the trails down at 10 PM......kills alot of the noise....

Shiloh.......you have dreams of 2 strokes bikes buzzing in your head all night.....with a jeep or two.....
Old 10-25-2007, 11:25 AM

Brian, I agree with you about Lake Murray. It can be a little boring/tame for riding.

Red River doesn't have good camping room, but I don't remember seeing a lot of dirt bikes when I have been. Although they lack camping room, they do have GOBS of trails. I am just saying the dirt bikes never bothered me there.

Shiloh's downfall for me....is it is a much further drive.

If we boondock camp......we can get away from the crowds at Shiloh though.
Old 10-25-2007, 11:40 AM

Thought they only allowed camping in their little fenced off area? One of my quads has bad memories of Shiloh... Snapped axle and thrashed bearings... Brake rotor was the only thing keeping the wheel upright!
Old 10-25-2007, 11:46 AM

Thought they only allowed camping in their little fenced off area? One of my quads has bad memories of Shiloh... Snapped axle and thrashed bearings... Brake rotor was the only thing keeping the wheel upright!

Hmmmm.....You might be right. I have never camped in the back, but I know I saw some tents out there. I thought everybody stayed up front for water and electricity. We got that covered though. Guess we could call them to verify.

Is anybody else in the group open to going to an ATV off-road park for a GTG? IF you have a quad or something to wheel with.....all the better. If not I don't really see any difference in being there vs. being in Sedalia. Open field with whatever elements mother nature brings at the time...
Old 10-25-2007, 11:48 AM

And there is bound to be a few (other) Cummins powered trucks at the park...and when they see 5-10 of our trucks...they will want to inquire.
Old 10-25-2007, 02:57 PM

Alright all you BOMBED guys. I'm looking at the Mach 1 series of injectors that Power by Poole has. I do have a modded trans and all the guages as well as the FASS system. Stock turbo. Will I have to any programmer changes with the 65 hp injectors?
Old 10-25-2007, 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by fade94
Alright all you BOMBED guys. I'm looking at the Mach 1 series of injectors that Power by Poole has. I do have a modded trans and all the guages as well as the FASS system. Stock turbo. Will I have to any programmer changes with the 65 hp injectors?
Im running Mach II's (105 HP) with stock everything except clutch and intake. NO EGT issues.....but with the smarty...it did get to 1200* empty.

65 HP injector is a drop in the bucket.....i woudl suggest going with at least 100 HP.......to save the change down the road.

The only issue you might have if you run JUST the injecors...is defueling with the auto when you get an overboost. You might need to get a boost fooler or an EZ module (Or Smarty) to help with that....
Old 10-25-2007, 03:29 PM

Thanks Dan.
Speaking of the Smarty. Are the HP numbers it list's based on stock injectors? I was thinking of going with the Smarty in the future as well. Then bump up my turbo size.
Old 10-25-2007, 04:23 PM

Originally Posted by fade94
Thanks Dan.
Speaking of the Smarty. Are the HP numbers it list's based on stock injectors? I was thinking of going with the Smarty in the future as well. Then bump up my turbo size.
Man...i feel you could milk that stock turbo with a Smarty and 100 HP sticks with no issue. Because you could just turn the SW level down when pulling. AND i know pulling about 15,000 with my Mach II's was not and issue with EGT's and my HX-35. UNLESS you really wanted to get a turbo for future mods....i would just hold back and let the market develop some more and enjoy the quick spool from the HX....they are making improvements hand over fist these days in turbo design…..just look what has come out in the past year…..

Now if you go and get you a Comp or TST…..then I would start looking at turobs……

EDIT: AHHH...but you have a HY dont you......hum....that 9 CM housing is a tad on the tight side.....might see how it works.....
Old 10-26-2007, 07:12 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wayne,
I ran an EZ (same hp as a Smarty) and 100 hp injectors for a yr and had no serious problems with the HY-35 turbo. Just add a manual boost controller to keep the turbo down to 32 psi max and you'll be ok.
Of course, a bigger turbo would make a big difference. Used HX-35 would be economical and effective...but a 62/12 would be a perfect match and would 'release' an additional 30 hp! That's what I got on the dyno...after upgrading turbos.

RJ

Quick Reply: North Texas DTR #8 November GTG