Towing and Hauling / RV Discuss towing and hauling here. Share your tips and tricks. RV and camping discussion welcome.

Zoomroom.space New Solution for sleep

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2017, 12:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Zoomroom.space New Solution for sleep

I have no interest in this other than am the first to use it and did test the prototype.
A sleeper that mounts on your truck, takes NO bed space, No holes in your truck, does not block your rear window, has a full size bed in the crew cab model.
Access from the cab via a ladder up through an included installed sun roof.
DOT compliant and can be in sleeper mode during transport.
Weight is about 440 lbs with zero load on any part of the roof. Weight is directly on the center of the frame and uses the steak bed pockets to mount to the truck.
It can be removed and the glass put back into the sunroof, 4 bolts, one electric plug, and the connecting boot in the sunroof to the sleeper.
Dead head fuel mileage reduced by about 1.4 MPG.
When pulling a 5th wheel mileage improved by .8 to 1.2 tenths. Still testing bumper pull trailers due to varied roof heights of each unit. The unit can be run in any raised position.
Images and video are my truck serial number 001 of production on the day it was installed.
Last year my total miles logged were 152,000.
Could include heater and air for extra cost.
Check it out say you saw it here.
Very reasonable pricing and fits all primary brand pickups including flat beds, regular cab, extended cab, and crew cabs. Different size units depending on your pickup size.
Check it out.
Current preproduction pricing for the crew cab unit is $5995.00. Includes sunroof, and 3 year total warranty. Sleepers for less than crew cabs are less cost.
This is information only and I do not work for the company so I don't guarantee the pricing only what I believe to be current price.
Awesome guys and just a chance to get in on preproduction units.
zoomroom.space
Zoom Room - Sleeper, Truck Camper, Rv Campers
Old 01-07-2017, 05:38 PM

Any questions feel free to leave it here. Happy to answer if I can.

I might add the installation facility and manufacturing location are in Elkhart Indiana.
Rare but you do get to talk to the Designer and the team during the ordering, spec, and build.
No extra for White or Black...colors available for extra charge.
Old 01-07-2017, 05:44 PM

Just a couple shots...I have more if interested
Old 01-17-2017, 04:44 PM
SBF

I'm really interested in this. I'm 6'2" and can barely fit in the back of my GMC. I run for CWRV and this would be great especially running a 100 gal auxiliary tank in my bed.

Doesn't DOT require a secondary exit for sleeping berths? There is nothing on the website about this. Also, I cannot find any reference to the DOT 436.737 that their website says that they are compliant to.
Old 01-20-2017, 09:07 PM

DOT Spec

Dot requires windows or vents. The unit has two pop out windows one each side.
Hard to put a price on the comfort. Be happy to let you see it if we are both in Northern Indiana at the same time.
message me and we can coordinate.
Old 07-18-2018, 11:05 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by nascar-co
I have no interest in this other than am the first to use it and did test the prototype.
A sleeper that mounts on your truck, takes NO bed space, No holes in your truck, does not block your rear window, has a full size bed in the crew cab model.
Access from the cab via a ladder up through an included installed sun roof.
DOT compliant and can be in sleeper mode during transport.
Weight is about 440 lbs with zero load on any part of the roof. Weight is directly on the center of the frame and uses the steak bed pockets to mount to the truck.
It can be removed and the glass put back into the sunroof, 4 bolts, one electric plug, and the connecting boot in the sunroof to the sleeper.
Dead head fuel mileage reduced by about 1.4 MPG.
When pulling a 5th wheel mileage improved by .8 to 1.2 tenths. Still testing bumper pull trailers due to varied roof heights of each unit. The unit can be run in any raised position.
Images and video are my truck serial number 001 of production on the day it was installed.
Last year my total miles logged were 152,000.
Could include heater and air for extra cost.
Check it out say you saw it here.
Very reasonable pricing and fits all primary brand pickups including flat beds, regular cab, extended cab, and crew cabs. Different size units depending on your pickup size.
Check it out.
Current preproduction pricing for the crew cab unit is $5995.00. Includes sunroof, and 3 year total warranty. Sleepers for less than crew cabs are less cost.
This is information only and I do not work for the company so I don't guarantee the pricing only what I believe to be current price.
Awesome guys and just a chance to get in on preproduction units.
zoomroom.space
Zoom Room - Sleeper, Truck Camper, Rv Campers
Id be very interested in a model you can access from the outside. From the bed of the pick up via a ladder etc
The following users liked this post:
terry welles (05-03-2022)