Towing and Hauling / RV Discuss towing and hauling here. Share your tips and tricks. RV and camping discussion welcome.

Travel Trailer / Toy Hauler Name....

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2005, 01:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Travel Trailer / Toy Hauler Name....

Hi - I'm trying to find out what manufacturer makes a toy hauler / travel trailer in which the cargo area is actually sealed from the rest of the living quarters in the trailer. This cargo area is only about 4 to 5 feet high, and the main sleeping quarters of the trailer is actually on top of this cargo area. Does that make sense? I saw this type of trailer at an RV show a year or two ago, but can't remember which manufacturer or manufacturers build them. Any ideas?
Old 01-06-2005, 02:58 PM

You want a toy hauler with a "Garage." There are a few manufactures that make them. Heres a few: Fleetwood, Keystone, and Carson. The one that specifically comes to mind is called a "Gear Box" I believe. I cant remember exactly who makes it though. I hope this helps.
Old 01-06-2005, 05:17 PM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
Fleetwood makes the "GearBox"
http://www.fleetwoodrv.com/brands/b.asp?brandID=GB
Old 01-06-2005, 06:29 PM

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
I have a patio hauler, formerly by Kit, now by Extreme. K-Z also makes a line of seperate garage units, called Sportster. They offer a shorter (29') one with seperate garage and small slide out. Desert Fox also makes seperate garage units, as does Thor.

I know Bigfoot makes an RV like you describe, with a side loading toy compartment only about 4' high, but I'm not aware of a trailer or 5er.

Raptor (by Keystone) and some of the new K-Z toyhaulers have a loft above part of the garage, with a child size bed... Could that be what you mean? The forward part of the garage still has like 6' of headroom...

Anyhow, the ones I like best are the KarryAll (can get a skybox on top with stairs that fold down in the garage) and high quality, the K-Z for it's high quality and loft option, and the Raptor because it also has a loft and you can get a deck that slides under when not in use.

The Patio Haulers are unique, in that the inside door is weather tight, and there is a gap between metal slats that make up the garage floor- so they can be hosed out and mud and sand just sluce through. Unfortunately, they no longer offer seperate garage units in shorter lengths (like my 29.5 or the 32') and a 35' is just too much to get into the places I like to go.
Old 01-08-2005, 05:26 PM

truckjunkie,
Most of the toy hauler companies make a "garage" model.

Weekend Warrior, Gearbox (Fleetwood), Keystone, Tahoo (which is what i own - but it is junk), and others. One of the nicest, IMO, is Rage'n.
Old 01-09-2005, 05:08 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This one and one made buy Sportsman are abought identical and have a loft available as an optoin.

https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/...threadid=56395