Towing and Hauling / RV Discuss towing and hauling here. Share your tips and tricks. RV and camping discussion welcome.

Toy Hauler / Travel Trailer

Old 08-03-2008, 01:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Toy Hauler / Travel Trailer

I have been looking at RV's around the 21 ft range. Is there any that I would want to stear clear of ? What are the best quality brands? I will be looking for something in the 97 or newer range. Any help would be great.

Thanks
Old 08-03-2008, 02:33 PM

This one is definitely a two-cupper!!
Old 08-04-2008, 09:44 AM

I personally own a Weekend Warrior. You might be able to purchase one fairly inexspensively right now as they just went BK. I wouldn't worry about it as the components are all covered by their own warranties. I have a 2007 FS2300. It's a front sleeper with a queen and then two electric queens in the back. The following is a list of toy haulers I would consider again.

WW
Holiday Rambler next level
Raptor
Jayco Talon Z maybe Octane
Attitude
Gear box
Arctic Fox

rv.net is a good resource for rv's as well. I would stay away from anything by Thor or Forest River. Forest River makes several brands of toy haulers so you may want to check their web site to make sure.
Old 08-04-2008, 05:28 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
holiday rambler is a very good rig BUT, very,very heavy
Old 08-04-2008, 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by staarma
I personally own a Weekend Warrior. You might be able to purchase one fairly inexspensively right now as they just went BK. I wouldn't worry about it as the components are all covered by their own warranties. I have a 2007 FS2300. It's a front sleeper with a queen and then two electric queens in the back. The following is a list of toy haulers I would consider again.

WW
Holiday Rambler next level
Raptor
Jayco Talon Z maybe Octane
Attitude
Gear box
Arctic Fox

rv.net is a good resource for rv's as well. I would stay away from anything by Thor or Forest River. Forest River makes several brands of toy haulers so you may want to check their web site to make sure.
So you think the Fleetwood made toy haulers (Gear Box) are OK,but nothing by Forest River?

I've had a Forest River and a Fleetwood product and would buy the Forest River over the Fleetwood 100% of the time if I had to buy again.
Old 08-05-2008, 09:23 AM

The Gear Box seems to be a good toy hauler. That doesn't mean I would buy other fleetwood products though. The OP asked about toy haulers. Jayco is in the same boat. I would buy a Talon but I wouldn't touch other Jayco trailers except maybe a Designer. To each their own though and I was just giving my opinion based on what I looked at. Toy haulers are built entirely different than standard 5th and TT's.
Old 08-05-2008, 11:12 AM

The Artic Fox is not a toy hauler, the Desert Fox is.

I have a playmor motorsport and have been happy with it for the 2.5 years I have owned it. Just hauled it to colorado and back last week. Minor issues I have fixed myself, but all will have some issues of some kind.

Hub
Old 08-10-2008, 11:43 AM

I have a 27' Fleetwood Nitrous and would by another one. We looked at a WW 23' and it was too plain jane for me. I love my Nitrous!
Old 08-12-2008, 03:59 PM

I have a 30' Warrior 5th wheel Superlight. Warrior is also making Widelights. I went for the Warrio because when it came to the interior, the Warrior looked more like a normal RV. Warrior also maked Ragen and Extreme. They all seem to have their weakness. Just look for something that has not been beaten up or recently repaired to sell.

I have had mine for 2 1/2 years and knock on wood, no major problems (just smal stuff I fixed). It seems like several of the toy haulers are made by one company, just with different names for each subsidiary. Warrior is hurting, but so are others.

It appears that people with the HELOC toys had to get rid of them with the increase in interest rates and drop in the housing market. Now people can not pull euity to buy toys anymore. The sell-it-yourself car lot off the freeway by my work is now 1/2 filled with RVs.
Old 08-12-2008, 05:25 PM

Weekend Warrior and Eclipse (builders of Attitude) have been reported as bankrupt. If you are buying new research the company if a warranty is important to you. If it is not, I'll bet there are a lot of really good deals out there.