Towing and Hauling / RV Discuss towing and hauling here. Share your tips and tricks. RV and camping discussion welcome.

Re-doing my Bed Camper and making a toyhauler

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2009, 09:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I put the cushions back in place to make sure they all fit and that the table still fit with new bed area

then I made the door to cover the new bed opening, also covered it with plastic to protect outside when it gets wet.. still lots more to do

Old 10-11-2009, 03:47 PM

It looks like something farmer jones would build
Old 10-13-2009, 11:11 AM
Chapter President

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
^ Is that a dig or what?

Ken, it is really starting to take shape. Any plans on what you are going to do on the sides of the camper or are you leaving it as is? You should post a pic or two with the heep on the back....
Old 10-13-2009, 11:54 AM
HOV

You did an amazing job on that trailer. Lots of work in a small amount of time too. Kudos.
Old 10-13-2009, 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by CTD NUT
^ Is that a dig or what?

Ken, it is really starting to take shape. Any plans on what you are going to do on the sides of the camper or are you leaving it as is? You should post a pic or two with the heep on the back....
Thanks..

well the plans in my head were to build storage boxes for parts, generator, welder, etc.. but that will not be done before this weekend.. so in due time..

as for Heep, I am trying. I need to get pop up door finished tonight and slide out velcro, attachment points and support bars finished, then I need to build drive over fenders for Jeep to sit on.

if all that gets done I need to rip out rear axle on Jeep and fix that, then change tires to new trail tires, install new battery and load it up..

will this all get done before friday at 1pm WE WILL SEE
Old 10-13-2009, 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by HOV
You did an amazing job on that trailer. Lots of work in a small amount of time too. Kudos.
Thanks.. if I give myself a deadline I can stay motivated.. if not it will take me months if not years
Old 10-13-2009, 06:40 PM
Chapter President

Originally Posted by BRUISER
Thanks..

well the plans in my head were to build storage boxes for parts, generator, welder, etc.. but that will not be done before this weekend.. so in due time..

as for Heep, I am trying. I need to get pop up door finished tonight and slide out velcro, attachment points and support bars finished, then I need to build drive over fenders for Jeep to sit on.

if all that gets done I need to rip out rear axle on Jeep and fix that, then change tires to new trail tires, install new battery and load it up..

will this all get done before friday at 1pm WE WILL SEE
^Holy smokes....you think that will all get done by Friday?? Good luck to you sir! Why the rush? Planning on taking the trailer on a wheeling trip or something?
Old 10-13-2009, 09:58 PM

well I got the prop bar installed that will hold the pop up door up when camping.. I used the other pop up extension bar that goes inside the canvas usually(hey it was free since I had it)

then we got slide out finished and secured, attched outside edge of canvas to slide and made the support bars for slide out..

put the futon mattress in and needed to test it to make sure it could handle the weight of my 2 year old so My 70 year old dad hoped in(and almost fell asleep)

yup it works

tomorrow night I will be working on getting velcro finished for sides of canvas
and water sealing the big door

here is my dad

and showing it from the outside

Old 10-13-2009, 09:59 PM

Originally Posted by CTD NUT
^Holy smokes....you think that will all get done by Friday?? Good luck to you sir! Why the rush? Planning on taking the trailer on a wheeling trip or something?
yup, our 4x4 club has it big Fall Bash this weekend.

so I am gonna go for it and see if I can get it all done.. if not oh well, I will at least have the trail/camper done. then I can just help with 4x4 games, food, etc
Old 10-13-2009, 11:01 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I like the way the plywood cover protects the pop out.
Old 10-14-2009, 02:00 AM

Originally Posted by whiteeye42
It looks like something farmer jones would build
If that's a dig then he's never met a farmer lmao. No idea if you're a farmer or not but I have the utmost respect for their work ethic, ability to figure things out for themselves, repair almost anything with little to nothing etc.

Lol that kid should be envious, it's not everyone who can do things for and by themselves such as this.

Great work so far Bruiser, i've been following your build/rehab and hope you keep us updated. I only wish I had the space, tools and most importantly of all your skills. Congrats!
Old 10-14-2009, 08:06 AM

Originally Posted by dott
I like the way the plywood cover protects the pop out.
yup, I can thank my wife for that Idea ( she is a commercial designer )
Old 10-14-2009, 08:07 AM

Originally Posted by MrLuckey
If that's a dig then he's never met a farmer lmao. No idea if you're a farmer or not but I have the utmost respect for their work ethic, ability to figure things out for themselves, repair almost anything with little to nothing etc.

Lol that kid should be envious, it's not everyone who can do things for and by themselves such as this.

Great work so far Bruiser, i've been following your build/rehab and hope you keep us updated. I only wish I had the space, tools and most importantly of all your skills. Congrats!
Well I guess since I grew up working on the farm in the spring, summer and fall maybe that is where I got some of my figure it out and make it happen attitude.

since I grew up in CT there was not much farm work in the winter due to snow.. that was play time
Old 10-14-2009, 08:29 AM
Chapter President

The slide looks like it is going to work well. I do hope you will be able to get everything done for your last trip WITH the heep in tow.

We just had our last wheeling trip this past weekend way up North. It was a little chilly but nice to get out one last time. Good luck and try and find some time to update with a pic of the whole thing loaded up and ready for the voyage.
Old 10-14-2009, 09:19 PM

cool build.

Quick Reply: Re-doing my Bed Camper and making a toyhauler