Towing and Hauling / RV Discuss towing and hauling here. Share your tips and tricks. RV and camping discussion welcome.

Rapid Hitch?

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2015, 03:14 PM

Received 141 Likes on 107 Posts
Rapid Hitch?

Although I've seen them around for years, I'm just now thinking about getting one of those "Rapid Hitches" which is either an all aluminum receiver hitch with the choice of two different size hitch ***** easily switchable, or the steel receiver hitch with the same aluminum switchable size *****.

I've always used the normal everyday non-adjustable steel receiver hitch with the mounted ball as they seem stronger but given these Rapid Hitches are rated at 10k pounds and up, I'm thinking it may be worth the cost just for sake of convenience. But I just wanted to confirm that no one around here has had trouble with one.
Old 03-18-2015, 04:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
great hitch i should have gotten one alot sooner than i did mine is the all aluminum one
in fact i have 3 different sizes that i can change to depending on the types of truck or car i put it on
Old 03-18-2015, 06:56 PM

I highly recommend the B&W steel hitch. I have the tri-ball 5" drop on my 06 4x4. It is called "Tow & Stow" because it STOWES under the truck! Nothing to walk into and bust up your shin or someone else's, going to store something in the bed. The flat bar is a great place to add reflective piping - I cut 1" strips and put them on at 45* angle alternating white and red reflective tape. I have a lock on mine to keep it, as I paid $200+ for it. I have the black one and B&W contacted me when they had a recall on the black anodized pins last year - I think they only come with stainless pins now. They sent me the stainless pins for free. The hitch has an option to add a pintle attachment if you can find it. The aluminum ones don't and do not stow under the truck. There is a fixed pin in the adjustable head, so that if someone pulls the pins, they can't walk off with the head unit. B&W stands behind their product.
Old 03-18-2015, 07:48 PM

Received 141 Likes on 107 Posts
Good to know. Thanks.
Old 03-19-2015, 09:55 AM

I've had one for years now and love it. I pulled a 4 horse bumper pull for 3 years with it before switching to a gooseneck.

I love the convenience. It's nice to have a hitch that will work for pretty much every situation. The height adjustment is nice for me because we switch it back and forth between my wife's truck and mine. (slightly different ride heights.

They are manufactured in Idaho Falls, pretty much down the road from me. My company does their compressor work for them. They are great to work with.