Towing and Hauling / RV Discuss towing and hauling here. Share your tips and tricks. RV and camping discussion welcome.

5ver Speed limits in KY

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2003, 10:02 AM
Urban Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
5ver Speed limits in KY

I’m looking at towing a 5ver on the Blue Grass Pky sometime this summer. It seems that the last time I was in KY the speed limit was lower on that road than on the interstate.<br><br>Can one of you KY boys give me any info. Also any info in general on the Bardstown, Lexington, Frankfort area would be appreciated. <br>
Old 03-16-2003, 10:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: 5ver Speed limits in KY

Wherebouts and when are you coming to the good part of the country? [ Frankfort ]<br>The Bardstown area has My old Ky. Home , The Stephen Foster Story ,[ outdoor theater great show ] My old Ky dinner train is a 2 hr. train ride through Berhiem Forest and a great meal. [ a little pricey but a great thing to do for special occasion ]<br>Lexington has anything you want about the horse industry, [ The Ky. Horse Park ]<br>Frankfort is the state capital the Ky. history Museum [ About 4 years old now ] Ky state Arsenal Museum, Elkhorn Creek supposedly the best smallmouth fishing in the country.<br>Of course I may be a little biased about the Frankfort area.<br>I've lived here all my life about 1/4 mile from Elkhorn as the crow flies.<br>Hope this helps and if you get up my way give me a shout and I'll buy you a cup of coffee or something.<br>I know I left alot out theres to much to list<br>PM me if I can be of any more help.<br><br><br> : Eddie :
Old 03-17-2003, 05:42 AM
Urban Legend

Thanks for the input I have not been up that way sense I drove over the road in 1983. But I can not remember about the speed limits and I know that they have probably changed. Also I may be thinking of another parkway.<br><br>Wife and daughter in-law are planning this trip only thing I’m going to do is get them there, play with my grand kids and be responsible if something goes wrong. <br><br>They want to stay in the Lexington, Frankfort, Bardstown area for a few days then work our way over to mammoth cave then start back to Texas. <br>
Old 03-17-2003, 06:21 AM

I'm not on the BG to often but to the best of my knowledge the limit is 65 mph just the same as all others in Ky.<br>And 5er's are the same. [ I think ] <br>At least I don't remember seeing anything else posted.<br>Have a good trip.<br><br> : Eddie : 8)
Old 03-17-2003, 08:22 AM

Same here. I ran the BG a couple months ago with the flat and never saw anything about speed limits. Like CH said, the big trucks ran past me alot.<br>I think you will do fine.
Old 03-18-2003, 10:50 AM

Coming from TX you will go through Bowling Green(where i go to school) the only thing worth anything is the corvette plant and museum, this city is one of those jokes God played when creating this great state
Old 03-18-2003, 06:28 PM
Urban Legend

Thanks a lot for the info. We’ll be up there sometime in July. I’m just going to go were my wife and daughter in-law say to go,( don’t we all) :.<br><br>As for Bowling Green yes I do remember that town saw a sign that said “ Bowling Green 5 miles “ blinked twice and then saw a sign that said “ you are now leaving Bowling Green ” But that was in 82 or 83 even BG has to have grown some by now. <br>