My next cattle trailer - Page 4 - Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

Notices
Towing and Hauling / RV Discuss towing and hauling here. Share your tips and tricks. RV and camping discussion welcome.

My next cattle trailer

Old 12-17-2002, 06:28 AM
Chapter President

Re:My next cattle trailer

Ive been thru the JD tour many years ago (15 yrs)...and its worth the tour very impressed by it
Old 12-17-2002, 02:15 PM

[quote author=Cattle Hauler link=board=11;threadid=7993;start=45#81282 date=1040126258]<br><br><br>Have you gone thou the John Deere Headquarter in Moline IL<br>[/quote]<br><br>I didn't go through the tour but we did go to the John Deere Headquarters building. They have on large showroom with tons (and I meen tons) of JD equipment in it. It's kinda funny really cause a lot of the tour in the HQ building were these little Japaneas people. ??? It's realy funny to see a 4 foot nothing man standing by a 15' tall dozer. <br><br>Something else you might want to check out is the Ertl toy museum. I collect toy tractors, so it was pretty cool to see as well. <br><br>DB
Old 12-17-2002, 10:17 PM

Man Ricky, you're as ate up as my cusin Mike. He bleeds Green We put the 7810 in a perade this summer and Mike went and had a sign shop make stickers to put on the engine covers that say &quot;FEAR the DEERE&quot; <br><br> I have over 6,000 tractors in my collection. All sizes, and makes 1/64, 1/32, 1/50, 1/16, and one 1/8 scale. Most of them are in boxes but my whole room is covered with shelves of toy tractors. : I don't collect them like I used to, I spend too much money on my truck and ATV's now but used to go to all the shows and everything. <br><br>DB
Old 12-17-2002, 11:09 PM

&quot;The John Deere Store stocks one of the largest collections of the ERTL toy line anywhere and many of the products are highly sought after collectibles.&quot;<br><br>O.K. now I am really, really sad about the fact I won't be able to make it over there. :'( Oh well..maybe next year, or we could set up an annual meet in Waterloo or Moline for all the Midwest DTR members. Just a thought.....
Old 12-28-2002, 08:59 PM

Hey CH,<br> On your search for the perfect aluminum gooseneck cattle trailer did you come across any negatives on the Wilson? The reason I ask is because here in Oklahoma there might be a dozen Livestock / Horse trailer manufacturers. Of that dozen probably 6 or 7 make an aluminum trailer. It is rare to find a good used trailer. If you do ,the resale price on it it not much lower than a new trailer sells for. As far as the Wilsons go I dont know if I have ever seen a used Wilson cattle trailer ( gooseneck). There is a Wilson dealer in OKC , but they sell mainly the semi trailers. Was just curious on how your research fared. Looks like it was a fair price when you look at the cost of comparable trailers from other manufacturers.
Old 12-29-2002, 01:37 AM

Hey CH, If ya gotta get rid of the featherlite, pm me cuz I might have a lead for ya. Wouldn't mind takin a trip down to KY again. Drove down to lexington to pick up my cummins awhile back. I could stand another midnight run there and back!<br>carty
Old 12-29-2002, 03:02 AM

I dont mean to be takeing up space but, CH i tryed pm'ing you and I couldn't get it to work. ??? But pm me if you havent sold your old trailer yet. Thanks.
Old 02-14-2003, 10:00 PM

Hey CH,<br> I have been out of pocket. Are you pulling the Wilson yet? If so how do you like it?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: My next cattle trailer

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.