Towing and Hauling / RV Discuss towing and hauling here. Share your tips and tricks. RV and camping discussion welcome.

Man, those Nissan guys are touchy...

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2006, 06:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You might end up with a 3 axle truck
Old 11-03-2006, 06:55 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Hey, Hey, Don't say it is a Nissan guy thing. I am a Nissan person but you see what I drive to pull my horse trailer. Sure isn't a Nissan. It's a good product it is just 1/2 ton truck. No doubt it is uneducated people that don't know any better. Some people will argue with a brick wall if they thought it should move.
Old 11-03-2006, 07:04 PM

My dad has an 04 Nissan Titan 4x4 and its a great truck but to be pulling that large of a trailer is just silly. Towing something like an 6-7K pound trailer I could see but any larger and I start to wonder if its safe. Its funny that idiot mentions an "outdated ram". Ok I'll hook up to his truck and drag it around like a ragdoll.

The Titan is a great truck, they are pretty quick and have a pretty nice engine/tranny combo but to be saying it can tow better than a 3/4ton or 1 ton diesel. I'm sorry but I just call that bein' plain stupid .
Old 11-03-2006, 11:31 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This guy makes the Nissan look like a big rig. This is the second time around for this baffon trying to tell all of us on Toyhaulermagazine.com that his "truck" is a safer tow vehicle than any domestick truck. In his earlier thread he said it has four wheel disk breaks so that makes it better because all of our domestick trucks do not have 4 wheel disk breaks. He thinks its better than a real truck. I will let you look at the picks of his mighty "truck" and decide for your self how smart he is with out telling you the manufacturer of it.

http://www.toyhaulermagazine.com/for...?showtopic=674

Here is the first thread.
http://www.toyhaulermagazine.com/for...?showtopic=506
Old 11-04-2006, 12:13 AM

OMG Some people. They wont get it till they wipe out a Family after they lose control on a long downhill grade in a nasty rain storm.What you can do and what you should do are two different things. Ive read some stories on here of guys pulling loads with a CDT that are so heavy just hookin em to any 1/2 ton would all but crush em. We are surrounded by idiots.
Old 11-04-2006, 06:29 AM

what's the GVWR and GAWRs of Titan?
Old 11-04-2006, 06:39 AM

The idiot doesn't even realize he's pulling his yamahas with a honda. IDIOT. That and all trucks have 4 wheel disc brakes now. But some trucks are blessed with what you call torque, and a solid rear axle...and solid front axle...and cajones.
Old 11-04-2006, 07:20 AM
Banned

i liked how he said the ridgeline was way underrated. by looking at how close the hitch was to the ground id imagine if he added anything else to the tongue he might give everyone a real neat spark show. and id promise if that genius was bright lighten me cause the front end was way up in the air, i wouldnt be to happy.

if it was a ctd bright lighten me, id have to say "haha thats awesome. how much do ya think it weights?"

i bet our rotors are the size of that idiots wheels

brett
Old 11-04-2006, 07:35 AM

I think there may be a chunk of a Nissan hung up under my frame somewhere, it's starting to smell.
Old 11-04-2006, 08:12 AM

Originally Posted by Timberman
I think there may be a chunk of a Nissan hung up under my frame somewhere, it's starting to smell.
Can you describe this smell??? I might have the same problem.
Old 11-04-2006, 08:36 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Half tons are great, I'd buy one. FOR MY WIFE TO DRIVE TO WORK.
Old 11-04-2006, 09:12 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'd like to hook chains with that guy in his Titan and his best bud in his Tundra and drag BOTH around the parking lot - it'd be like leaving the wedding in the getaway ride with all the cans tied to the back... hey, maybe then I could rattle like a 2nd gen!
Old 11-04-2006, 09:42 AM

Originally Posted by XLR8R
I'd like to hook chains with that guy in his Titan and his best bud in his Tundra and drag BOTH around the parking lot - it'd be like leaving the wedding in the getaway ride with all the cans tied to the back... hey, maybe then I could rattle like a 2nd gen!

The smell is kinda like really hot metal, with an afternote of burnt rubber and a hint of gasoline.
Old 11-04-2006, 11:25 AM

Here is my final answer:

Do NOT post links to anything containing profanity on this site.
Old 11-04-2006, 09:23 PM

People scare me. He is one of em. I would call the CVE "weight cop" immediately if I saw him going down the road with that.....

Quick Reply: Man, those Nissan guys are touchy...