Towing and Hauling / RV Discuss towing and hauling here. Share your tips and tricks. RV and camping discussion welcome.

First trip in new trailer

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2004, 04:26 PM
VPI

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking First trip in new trailer

The wife a couple of friends and I just got back form our first trip in our new Laredo. We went to Steel Alabama and stayed at a place called Horse Pens 40. It is a boulder garden with trails all throuh them. We were climbing but you can hike around there also. There was electric and water hookup no sewer. As it turned out I did not have enoughf hose to run to the city water but I was able to fill the Fresh tank up. Great time hope to do it again soon. Only problem is where can I dumb waste tanks?
Old 03-28-2004, 05:01 PM

They are a lot of fun and great to travel with. Most camps that do not have sewer hookups have a dump station, Here in Oklahoma there are some found at truck stops and some of the larger RV dealerships, they are also found at all state parks. So how did you like pulling it? How did your HO do?? On the hoses I do like the flat roll up hoses and it pays to carry a few of them as some times you got to go a distance and share a hydrant so pick up a hose splitter, Goodluck and Congradulations on the new trailer. Rick
Old 03-28-2004, 05:55 PM

Nearly every flying J has a free dump station!
Old 03-28-2004, 06:52 PM
VPI

Kandgo: Truck did great pulled some hills and was able to run the speed limit. Could have gone faster but didn't want to. Had no trouble coming down the Mountain the campsite was on either. It was about 235 miles, according to the overhead trip I got about 11 MPG it is generally 1 to 1.5 under what I am actually get. Overall I am very pleased.
Old 03-28-2004, 10:51 PM

Glad to hear you had a great experience. How big is your trailer?? Fith or bumper pull? What hitch did you go with if it is a fith? I am looking into a new hitch and am considering the B&W goose with the fith adapter and was curious what you chose?? Goodluck,, Rick
Old 03-29-2004, 12:59 PM

You can dump at any of the local commercial campgrounds for a small fee. Around here the flying J's have closed their dump sites. Also it seems like the state of Tn has decided that we don't need dump stations at rest stops anymore

Do you have access to a sewer cleanout at home? If so you can dump there. Also, there are small macerator pump packages available. You hook the pump up to your big sewer hose and it grinds everything up and pumps it through a small (grey) garden type hose. This can also be run to a sewer cleanout. They are kind of pricey though.
Old 03-29-2004, 06:51 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Most Flying J's have dump stations, if you have one in your area.

Dave
Old 03-29-2004, 07:21 PM
VPI

I am going to install a clean out but for nowI have a Man Hole about three feet behind where my house ties into the sewer. I am just goign to pop it and dump there. Yes I am aware if any one from the city finds me they will be unhappy. I work for the county waste water department so I am not to worried about it.

Kandgo: I have a 31' Laredo 5th wheel. I got a reese 16,000 slider. The dealer threw it in with the deal.