Towing and Hauling / RV Discuss towing and hauling here. Share your tips and tricks. RV and camping discussion welcome.

KORE/BILSTIEN and RIDE RITE AIR BAGS TOWING and TOYO's

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2005, 09:03 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Thumbs up KORE/BILSTIEN and RIDE RITE AIR BAGS TOWING and TOYO's

Kent at Kore and myself felt that for a truck that is on road much more them off road and tows, the need for air bags to level off the truck when towing would be needed.

Unreal ride. Compared to the Goodyears, the Toyos rocked. I had all sorts of cupping and feathering on the badyears, the goodyear store kept blaming the alignment. I had the truck checked 3 times and all was within spec. With the TOTO HT's on the truck, no more cupping or any kind of odd wear. I tried running the Goodyears at 75 in the front and the duals at 70 in the rear and I bounced all over the road. Adding the former T Rex suspension helped but the tires still sucked. I then set them at 50 and 45...still bouncey. I have the Toyo's set at 75 front and 70 rear and no comparison. The combination of the suspension, drop blocks, tires and air bags makes this truck handle excellent. I ran 40 psi in the bags towing heavy and now have it at 15. Its the best combination I have ever ran for towing and empty in a 4x4.

The air ride hitch and air bags make it feel like a smooth old New Yorker ride without the ocean waves. Smooth.

Just thought I would tell how it went.

Scotty
Old 07-12-2005, 09:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm halfway contemplating fabricating up my own rear air bag system. I've been looking for air tanks already but there aren't many small enough in diameter to clear the brackets from my steps. Anyway the 400lbs of concrete helps but isn't the solution!

Goodyears... blah. I'd rather have Toyo, Bridgestone, or Michelins on.