Towing and Hauling / RV Discuss towing and hauling here. Share your tips and tricks. RV and camping discussion welcome.

2007 Sierra by Forrest River - Slider Seal Problem

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2010, 03:42 PM
DTR Founder

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
2007 Sierra by Forrest River - Slider Seal Problem

Ok guys, I have owned campers for a long time but never had a seal issue until this one. I think it's a good camper, but this issue has come up twice now. I think the second time it's my fault. Why? Well, the first time I saw the seal problem on the slider, I fixed it myself. I used RTV silicone to keep the rubber seal attached at the top, and based on the fact that it came undone there I either a. didn't clean the old stuff up good enough, or b. used the wrong type of caulking / glue...

Can one of you guys give me an idea on how best to fix this thing?
Old 10-28-2010, 04:30 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
clean the old stuff off really good, then wipe it down with alcohol so is clean enough to eat off of, i mean really clean, then get yourself some 3m double sided tape, this is the good stuff, and put on camper only, wait until the next day, then clean your rubber seal really good, then attach seal to tape, do not move slide for a day or to so everything sets up then you should be good to go
The following users liked this post:
jthorpe (11-07-2010)
Old 10-28-2010, 08:57 PM
Muted one day, Banned the next....... Ah the life of a DTR 1%'er

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Be sure to lube the rubber with silicone spray also. This helps to keep the slideout itself from pulling on the rubber when in motion
Old 10-29-2010, 03:03 PM
DTR Founder

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Thanks for the tips. I'm going to try that out on my next days off. I'll let you know how it goes.
Old 10-29-2010, 05:50 PM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Ahhhh - - - welcome to the wonderful world of hydraulic slides. Wait til a seal blows and soaks and wipes out the carpet in your bedroom and the bedroom stinks of fluid a year later. Then, 3 months later another one blows in the front slide soaking everything in the storage compartment. Love hydraulic slides - - oh yeh. LOL

Sorry for your problems - - had them on three motorhomes - - had problems on all three. And one of them had a Cummins engine - - can you imagine the nerve of that slide doing something like that with a Cummins in it. Shame.

Bob