Suggestions, Comments and Site Questions Post your comments and suggestions here. We always want to improve the site.

Thanks for deleting my thread about the SRT10 hood

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2007, 06:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for deleting my thread about the SRT10 hood

Arghhhhh!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-07-2007, 06:21 PM
P.J
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
What about it? You've got me wondering now.......
Old 07-07-2007, 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by P.J
What about it? You've got me wondering now.......
He was informing people that didnt know, that there is one for sale in alabama that is not listed in the classifieds. Trying to help someone out.
Old 07-07-2007, 06:32 PM

Usually they just move it somewhere else more appropriate on the site. This one is just plain gone. Oh well, so much for helping people out. I guess I never should have said how much the guy was asking for it. I knew better.....
Old 07-07-2007, 06:38 PM
DTR Founder

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
I'm not sure why you're angry. After reading the post, it clearly looks like an advertisement to me. I'll post the rules regarding ads again so we're all clear. If you have something to sell, then post it in the classifieds. If you're trying to sell it for someone, tell them to register and post it in the classifieds. Sorry man, but I'm in agreement with the moderator here...

I guess I'm not understanding the issue here since putting it in the classifieds is so easy. In addition to that, the classifieds get over 200,000 page views a day. Not as much as the forums of course, but that's quite a bit. We're not talking hits, we're talking page views.

These rules have been in existence since the beginning of this site, and are in place for a reason. Of course, just by this thread alone, I'm sure someone will be curious, pm you and you'll have the thing sold anyways...

Either way, in the future, please remember that ads go in the classifieds.

ON EDIT - If this post was about something for sale out on the internet somewhere, and you didn't know the guy, and you were just trying to point it out to those who may have been interested in it, then that is a different story. I think the moderator took it as an ad, and so did I. If you want to post information to it again in a thread, and this is the case, then go ahead and start a new thread. If it truly is an ad, then the above applies. I guess I'm looking for some more information from you here before I can tell you what to do about the post.

Spam, flooding, advertisements, group buys, chain letters, pyramid schemes, and solicitations are also inappropriate on DieselTruckResource.Com. If you are a vendor, and use our private messaging system to Spam other users with your products, you will be banned immediately, no questions asked. Do not send private messages to users trying to sell your product unless the user sends you an inquiry message first. If you purposely register more than one username, all of your usernames will be banned and removed until verbal or written explanation is given to the webmaster.

If you are not a paying advertiser on the DieselTruckResource.Com forum, you may not place advertisements in your signatures or posts for your products or website.
Old 07-07-2007, 08:20 PM

I hear ya!

Sometimes the censorship on this BBS is frustrating.

I guess that's why we have a good group of people here.
Old 07-07-2007, 08:32 PM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by CrazyCooter
I hear ya!

And we're worth every penny that we're paid........
See Jack's Edit on his post above.

Censorship and enforcing the site rules are two different things.

With 12 volunteer moderators and 37,000+ registered members......we can't please everyone.
Old 07-07-2007, 08:39 PM
DTR Founder

Originally Posted by CrazyCooter
I hear ya!

I guess that's why we have a good group of people here.
Sorry you feel that way. However, we try our best to apply the rules evenly and fairly with no members being singled out as being above the rest. To avoid any issues in the future, I recommend that everyone reads at least once every few months the rules they agreed to when registering here.

Each site is run the way its owner wants it run. Some are very open, some aren't. Some allow certain types of language and some don't. Although I understand your frustration, we do what we think will be best for the majority of our users. Based on feedback from our users, we believe we're on the right track.

As was posted above, we can't please everyone but we hope that you'll understand our point of view. In addition to that, we're not perfect, and sometimes we'll make mistakes. Thanks for understanding.
Old 07-07-2007, 08:41 PM

Rules are rules and free is free. I could maybe see a little frustration if you paid a membership fee like over at TDR, but this is a free site with a specific purpose, specific rules, and specific area for certain things. Keeping it that way makes sure the site stays as pure as possible. I'll stay a member for as long as they'll have me and follow the rules as long as I'm a member. Nothing to get all bent out of shape over.
Old 07-07-2007, 08:46 PM
DTR Founder

Originally Posted by t-boe
Rules are rules and free is free. I could maybe see a little frustration if you paid a membership fee like over at TDR, but this is a free site with a specific purpose, specific rules, and specific area for certain things. Keeping it that way makes sure the site stays as pure as possible. I'll stay a member for as long as they'll have me and follow the rules as long as I'm a member. Nothing to get all bent out of shape over.
When I say this, I am NOT referring to anyone in this thread. However, I agree with you but there are some that don't get it. Some have a false sense of entitlement and it shows in their posts and in their actions after dealing with a moderator, even if the moderator tries to explain things over and over. Some of them end up going to other sites, and that is fine. Some of them will never get it.

Having said that, again, the majority of our users have an understanding of what they can and can't do. The majority of our users never get a pm from us saying that they had violated a rule. Sometimes we make a mistake when we pull a post or when we give someone a notice of a rule violation. When we do, we'll freely admit that and remove it.

As for this particular issue, I'm waiting to hear from Dodgezilla because I seriously doubt that he intended to make his post look like an ad, and I'd like to clear that up so we can either say yay or nay on the post.

Also given the fact that we have a thread going on this, the product will probably sell pretty quickly anyways.
Old 07-07-2007, 10:50 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
I deleted it, looked like and ad and it did not belong in the forums. We provide you with the free classifieds section so that we don't have a flea market atmosphere in the forums, making it difficult to find the information this forum is designed to provide.

Your welcome
Old 07-08-2007, 12:43 AM

What constantly amazes me is the trend to come into this forum and whine about deleted threads and moderator actions. Instead of privately messaging one of the admins or moderators to ask what's going on, individuals whine in a post as if to whip up sympathy and try to generate an "us vs. them" atmosphere. As an admin on another site, I can tell you this. Taking an admin/moderator action public will do nothing more than brand you as a trouble maker and cause the staff to scrutinize your posts more closely.

Here's a hint. If one of the staff members take action with one of your posts, keep it private. The second you make it public, you've lost whatever case you may have had. It isn't appreciated.
Old 07-08-2007, 06:45 AM

It wasn't as ad for anything I was selling. I saw it somewhere else and was just letting people know that they could PM me if they wanted info on where to find it since everyone seems to be looking for one of these hoods. And as I said previously, as I was typing the price the guy was asking, I knew that was going to be a problem.

TomW

It's OK. I still love you guys. Except for you TomW...
Old 07-08-2007, 11:42 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Originally Posted by Dodgezilla
It wasn't as ad for anything I was selling. I saw it somewhere else and was just letting people know that they could PM me if they wanted info on where to find it since everyone seems to be looking for one of these hoods. And as I said previously, as I was typing the price the guy was asking, I knew that was going to be a problem.

TomW

It's OK. I still love you guys. Except for you TomW...
We still love you too...and your world famous barbecue sauce smak
Old 07-08-2007, 11:49 AM

Hmmm, maybe I could sell my sauce in the DTR store.........

The hood thing is really no big deal. I kind of knew it was borderline of what is acceptable. I already have my hood so it don't make no matter to me......

Quick Reply: Thanks for deleting my thread about the SRT10 hood