Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/)
-   Suggestions, Comments and Site Questions (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/suggestions-comments-site-questions-87/)
-   -   Sponsored links? (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/suggestions-comments-site-questions-87/sponsored-links-101105/)

P.J 04-27-2006 05:48 PM

Sponsored links?

Is there a new format for the site advertisments?

Looks like I'm getting them in between all tthe thread starts and the rest of the replies?

P.J 04-27-2006 05:49 PM

See what I mean? :confused:

texaspower19 04-27-2006 05:55 PM

i am too but dosent bother me, i thoght it was my computer

jthorpe 04-27-2006 06:30 PM

It should only appear after the first post. I'm experimenting.

P.J 04-27-2006 06:35 PM

I doesn't bother me per se`, just wondered why it was down there. They are easy enough to see up top, and you don't have to scroll past them in the thread.

Is there a per hit type deal, where they know how may referrals come from DTR?

jthorpe 04-27-2006 06:36 PM

Originally Posted by P.J
I doesn't bother me per se`, just wondered why it was down there. They are easy enough to see up top, and you don't have to scroll past them in the thread.

Is there a per hit type deal, where they know how may referrals come from DTR?

Yes, it's based on how many clicks, and I have been experimenting on where the most clicks come from. Although I'm not a huge fan of ads, it's a good revenue source to keep the shop running so to speak.

P.J 04-27-2006 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by Jack Thorpe
Yes, it's based on how many clicks, and I have been experimenting on where the most clicks come from. Although I'm not a huge fan of ads, it's a good revenue source to keep the shop running so to speak.

Oh, no doubt. That's what I figured was going on. More power to ya, whatever keeps the light on! Just the number of visitors alone here everyday must create a lot of activity for those banners. I said this when I first came here, and still feel the same way. The ad's here are simply too cheap. :) I pay more for 5 runs or an approx. 3X7 in a 35,000 distribution paper than what a quaterly top banner cost?
This is a happenin place, worst that would happen is some of the little guys would walk away on ya.
Just a thought. ;)

Lary Ellis (Top) 04-27-2006 07:13 PM

Actually these banner ads are FAR more desirable than the advertising vendors if for no other reason than they don't come with all the drama that many of them bring with them.

Arguing over who has the best product, bashing each other every chance they get.. [eyecrazy] Or even trying to turn every post into a place to get their name seen so they can sell more product.

The good news is only a few of them act that way...Thank Goodness

TomW 04-28-2006 06:22 AM

Originally Posted by Jack Thorpe
It should only appear after the first post. I'm experimenting.

Hmmmmmmm.. I understand the need for advertising. I'll even put up with the banners at the top of the page. But I have to say I draw the line when ads start showing up in threads. Don't like it one bit.

displacedtexan 04-28-2006 06:45 AM

The first time I thought it was annoying... A few threades later I quit caring. Plus the fact that they are putting spark plug ads in is good for a laugh.

If it keeps the lights on with out certian vendors

Originally Posted by Lary Ellis (Top)
trying to turn every post into a place to get their name seen so they can sell more product.

I'm all for it.

chaikwa 04-28-2006 06:55 AM

Originally Posted by TomW
Hmmmmmmm.. I understand the need for advertising. I'll even put up with the banners at the top of the page. But I have to say I draw the line when ads start showing up in threads. Don't like it one bit.

I hate advertising too. But if it means revenue for this site, then I'll put up with banners anywhere they wanna put 'em. Heck, I'll even click on them if that means MORE $~!

chaikwa.

TomW 04-28-2006 07:00 AM

Here's a suggestion... A multilevel membership scheme where "premium" members who pay a fee (up to management to decide whether it's one time, annual, monthly, etc.) can opt out of viewing the ads.

(Yes, I hate web advertising that much!)

jthorpe 04-28-2006 07:03 AM

Ads are silent. Paying members gain too much of a sense of entitlement and I'm not prepared to deal with that. I'm not trying to bash anyone here, but it's the truth.

TomW 04-28-2006 07:04 AM

Can understand that fully. We've agonized over the same thing on our site, and after 5 years, it's still free. :)

willysrule 04-28-2006 08:20 AM

they should be "turned off" for the people who donated money to the site...

just an idea...