Suggestions, Comments and Site Questions Post your comments and suggestions here. We always want to improve the site.

This Site needs "Cummins Fuel Economy" as a forum topic

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2006, 09:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This Site needs "Cummins Fuel Economy" as a forum topic

If enough of us requested this it might happen. I asked the moderators once and they said to post under "General Diesel".
Old 07-09-2006, 09:30 AM

Originally Posted by johnr9q
If enough of us requested this it might happen. I asked the moderators once and they said to post under "General Diesel".

I dont know that it gets enough discussion to warrant a whole board by itself?!

Im sure Lary and Jack know if it does or not and I know Jack will put it there if he sees fit (none of us can make up his mind for him).

I personally dont see a need, but I am not the one that gets paid the big bucks to make those decisions.....

Just my $0.019
Old 07-09-2006, 09:39 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
This web page discusses most everything anyone here could-
http://www.everytime.cummins.com/eve...Whitepaper.pdf
Old 07-09-2006, 11:02 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
I think we have enough forums as it is now. We don't want this place to get like those other forums that are cluttered with multiple forums that you have to dig through just to find some useful info.
Old 07-09-2006, 11:11 AM
Administrator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ummmmmmmmmmm, are we blind here people?

https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/...play.php?f=110

That is a sub forum of general diesel. it's only been here since august of last year!
Old 07-09-2006, 06:34 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Maybe if it was made into it's own forum more people would use it. As it is now you almost have to know it's there to find it.
Old 07-09-2006, 06:43 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by infidel
Maybe if it was made into it's own forum more people would use it. As it is now you almost have to know it's there to find it.
Well technically, it IS it's own forum. It's just not on the main page. As it stands, there are a lot of posts there and most people seem to have no trouble finding it. If there is a lot of feedback for moving it, I would consider doing that but we're trying to keep the main page as un-cluttered as possible so people don't have to scroll for so long to find what they need.
Old 07-09-2006, 11:25 PM

Admin: I must be missing something. I don't see how "Fuels/BioDiesel/Diesel Prices" relates to fuel economy. I did see a couple of posts related to fuel economy but that probably is because they didn't know where else to post the info. Is this site mostly for people that want to "Bomb" their Diesels? Seems like with the ever increasing price of fuel, economy might be just as exciting as Bombing. (but then again I may be missing something)
Old 07-10-2006, 08:26 AM
Banned

Is this site mostly for people that want to "Bomb" their Diesels? Seems like with the ever increasing price of fuel, economy might be just as exciting as Bombing. (but then again I may be missing something)
The site is not necessarialy set up for those that want to BOMB their trucks, but we do make up most of the (active) membership. Thus the topics most discussed are the things related to what we are doing/want to do with our trucks. That's the beauty of the forum setup, topics arise based on what the users want to discuss. There are healthy discuddions on performance modifications, cosmetic/function upgrades, troubleshooting problems, general mantinance, and even fuel econemy. I think it is pretty remarkable that we get as good of milage as we do in vehicles that weigh close to 4 tons, have the aerodynamic qualities of bricks, and are designed to tow and haul heavy stuff. I get 16 towing on the highway. My gasser didn't get near that, empty.

And yeah, I think you are mising something, putting fuel in my truck is just part of the price I pay to drive it
Old 07-10-2006, 02:54 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by displacedtexan
And yeah, I think you are mising something, putting fuel in my truck is just part of the price I pay to drive it
bingo
Old 07-10-2006, 04:08 PM
Administrator

Admin: I must be missing something. I don't see how "Fuels/BioDiesel/Diesel Prices" relates to fuel economy. I did see a couple of posts related to fuel economy but that probably is because they didn't know where else to post the info. Is this site mostly for people that want to "Bomb" their Diesels? Seems like with the ever increasing price of fuel, economy might be just as exciting as Bombing. (but then again I may be missing something)
Would it make you happy if I added the word "economy" to the subject line? Most of the "economy" posts reside in the "Engine and Drivetrain" forum for their specific model / generation of vehicle.
Old 07-10-2006, 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by admin
Well technically, it IS it's own forum. It's just not on the main page. As it stands, there are a lot of posts there and most people seem to have no trouble finding it. If there is a lot of feedback for moving it, I would consider doing that but we're trying to keep the main page as un-cluttered as possible so people don't have to scroll for so long to find what they need.
I had always wondered where that forum was, and how people were posting on in it, until I finally found where it was hiding.

Now a KILL forum and more smilies that would be great.

I know it takes alot out of you guys to keep this place up and running. Thanks abunch

Tye
Old 07-10-2006, 07:30 PM

Admin: I think the General Diesel is the best place to discuss fuel economy if it can't have it's own home. Many of the items I have discussed or seen discussed apply to all the years of Dodge Diesel. Adding the word "Economy" to the sub forum (Fuels/BioDiesel/Diesel Prices) would be a step in the right direction.
Old 07-10-2006, 07:37 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Lary Ellis (Top)
I think we have enough forums as it is now. We don't want this place to get like those other forums that are cluttered with multiple forums that you have to dig through just to find some useful info.
If you took out Beagle1, Geico266, BigBlue, Hoss, Shovelhead, and a few others this site would be easy to find good info!

Old 07-10-2006, 08:46 PM
Registered

speaking of bigblue.... where is he???

Quick Reply: This Site needs "Cummins Fuel Economy" as a forum topic