Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/)
-   Suggestions, Comments and Site Questions (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/suggestions-comments-site-questions-87/)
-   -   Site was down for short time (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/suggestions-comments-site-questions-87/site-down-short-time-51916/)

jthorpe 09-30-2004 11:38 AM

Site was down for short time

Sorry guys, had to do a little site maintenance during the day today. We were down for about 10 minutes while I was completing it. Just normal db stuff to accomplish some minor performance improvements.

DieselDaze 09-30-2004 11:49 AM

Whew! Just in time too.
Not only was I starting to experience DTR withdrawals, I actually thought about having to do real work!

But, now, that panic is behind me and I can crawl out from under my desk.

Rich

RATTLINRAM 09-30-2004 12:21 PM

The real story is Jack fell asleep at the keyboard and his head hit the HOLD button! :rolleyes: [laugh]

phox_mulder 09-30-2004 12:36 PM

Originally posted by RATTLINRAM
The real story is Jack fell asleep at the keyboard and his head hit the HOLD button! :rolleyes: [laugh]

That makes 2 of us that slept right through it.[laugh]

phox

dieselminded 10-12-2004 02:11 PM

Ive been getting alot of server too busy try later problems

There wasnt even very many members online .

Whats up with that it happened last night 10/11/04 11pm maybe 100 members

hasnt happened today with 400+ :confused:

Lary Ellis (Top) 10-12-2004 02:22 PM

We need another new server[eyecrazy] The last one we got we have already outgrown...... thinking about pawning my wedding ring now[laugh]

cumminsboy 10-13-2004 04:14 PM

[laugh] [laugh]

HorseHauler 10-21-2004 12:08 AM

just curious what does a new server cost? the size that we need....

amartinson 10-21-2004 06:29 AM

I know this would be more work for Jack and Lary, but could we possibly get something on the main page or the forums page like the "big thermometer" that we always see for fundraising?

We could have the goal amount at the top for a new server and have a visual as we watch it grow. It might encourage people to do their part to see it rise. If nothing else, it will keep this necessity at the forefront.

jthorpe 10-21-2004 10:39 AM

I like the idea of a running total. I know top has the information on the donation account. The server we need costs about 6,000 dollars. Unfortunately, we're in big boy land now, and it's going to cost us some significant cash to really take this site to the next level in terms of hardware. I've bought it all out of pocket before, but I can no longer afford that kind of expense.

Haulin_in_Dixie 10-21-2004 02:44 PM

Ok Jack, is this a reachable goal? Will donations achieve this, what is the status?

jthorpe 10-21-2004 03:02 PM

I think the last count on the donation account was about 500 dollars, give or take a few. We have quite a bit more to go before we can afford the new machine.

Shovelhead 10-21-2004 03:09 PM

We are showing over 13,000 members.

If everyone gave a dollar, we could buy a new server,.....and finally get some toilet paper in the employee bathroom too.:D

Stillhaven'tfiguredoutthethreeseashellsEd

amartinson 10-21-2004 04:06 PM

Originally posted by Jack Thorpe
I think the last count on the donation account was about 500 dollars, give or take a few. We have quite a bit more to go before we can afford the new machine.
That's a sad dollar figure. I think it is more proof that this issue needs to be more out in the open. It should be right out front in the forums section so people stay/get aware of it. If this is going to be a non-membership fee site, people need to reach into their pocket (even a little bit) to keep it going.

JMO

jthorpe 10-21-2004 04:10 PM

Well it's not that bad. At one point, we did have about 1500 dollars in the account, but I had to pay the hosting bill, and we bought new software which brought it back down to where it is now. We've received a few donations as of late. If we can keep it going, then maybe we can make it happen.