Suggestions, Comments and Site Questions Post your comments and suggestions here. We always want to improve the site.

Site banner not showing up at top of page

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2006, 10:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Site banner not showing up at top of page

Anybody having problems with the site banner not showing up at the top of the page, and also the forums not looking like they used to? While I am typing this, the normal click buttons right above this space for entering different stuff are all messed-up looking. I've cleared my memory on my computer, logged off this website, cleared all cookies, cleared cache, run a spyware check, etc, what could be the problem?
Old 04-17-2006, 10:26 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
No problems here.

Try refresh?
Old 04-17-2006, 10:41 AM

That doesnt help it out, its been doing it for a couple of days. Looks like I'm going to shut it down and run some more checks on my computer, who knows what the problem is. Its really annoying though, not too much seems work right.
Old 04-17-2006, 10:43 AM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
All looks normal here.
Old 04-17-2006, 11:10 AM
DTR Founder

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Looks normal to me. Did you install any new spyware remover or anti-virus software? Change firewall settings? Make sure your browser has javascript enabled.
Old 04-17-2006, 11:27 AM

No, I havent installed anything lately. I'm running a virus check right now, just to make sure. Spyware checks(which have been on computer for awhile now) have all come back clean. I did notice that I try to open this page up in IE, I'm using mozilla firefox right now, and it still doesnt work on IE. I'll hopefully get this figured out sometime, it also wont let me look at pics in people's galleries.

Javascript is enabled also
Old 04-17-2006, 11:52 AM

Go to your user settings for the forum and ensure images are turned on for your profile.
Old 04-17-2006, 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by TomW
Go to your user settings for the forum and ensure images are turned on for your profile.
Where is it at on there?
Old 04-17-2006, 12:03 PM
DTR Founder

I have some images and javascript items going through a reverse proxy now, so that might be your problem. You'll need to lower the security settings on your browser to see if that helps
Old 04-18-2006, 07:21 AM

The reverse proxy may be the problem here. Everything works fine from home but at the office it is all messed up.

I turned down my security settings and still no change. Must be the corp firewalls and stuff.

Oh well. Guess I'll just have to do most of my surfing from home.
Old 04-18-2006, 07:21 AM

I am having the same problem at work, but it works good from home. I can't change my security settings here at work so I will have to deal with it while I am working.
Old 04-18-2006, 09:15 AM

Originally Posted by Greenhornet1986
Anybody having problems with the site banner not showing up at the top of the page, and also the forums not looking like they used to? .........
Yes, I'm having the same problems in work this morning. Also, it's very slow to respond. The "reply" button took nearly 3 minutes to appear, along with the "quote" button and they were missing the jpg's. I've tried several differenct PC's here in work, and they all display the same behavior. Other sites I vist here in work (when I should be working) seem to be OK.
Old 04-18-2006, 09:35 AM

Mines still having the same problem, I've done the lowering the security thing, and that didnt help. Looks like I'll have to get used to it
Old 04-20-2006, 12:41 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Jack, something has changed on the board. After reading the above I have had the same problem but I could not even get in untill now. I have spent hours on my computer, removing cookes looking for anything that would interfere. Contacted Alltel, my provider. They gave me several things to check.

On my own I seemed to remember that there is a built in firewall on my dsl unit. I got into it and lowered the level of the firewall from medium to low and bingo, it connected.

Now nothing has changed on my system so something on the board has changed that gets filtered through the firewall. Now I know the problem here, but I hate to go to a lower filtering. Wonder if you might be able to get it back to the other level that it was on before.

I am not twisting your arm, and if it is necessary to be this way, so be it. But something did change on the board. My worry here is that I run 98se and there is no longer a virus program for my computer. Mine ran out in December and cannot be renued, the newer version will not run on my computer so I am stuck with only the firewall.

Thanking you for all the effort you put in.

Bill
Old 04-20-2006, 07:27 AM
DTR Founder

You guys will need to open up port 8080 on your firewall. The cached content comes on port 8080 while the regular content on the site comes through port 80. some of your businesses are blocking that port outbound. I'm not sure what to tell you other than that. At this time, given all the changes, there is really nothing I can do about it unless I change the site back to the way it was, which would take at least 2 days.

Quick Reply: Site banner not showing up at top of page