Suggestions, Comments and Site Questions Post your comments and suggestions here. We always want to improve the site.

Scam attempts from DTR classifieds.....

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2007, 02:48 PM
Chapter President

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have a triple dog in the classifieds, how would I know if these morons contact me? Typicly I will only do buisness with DTR members.
Old 04-12-2007, 03:01 PM
P.J
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by CowboyDave
I have a triple dog in the classifieds, how would I know if these morons contact me? Typicly I will only do buisness with DTR members.
You can't miss it, number one, it will probably come from a @yahoo or hotmail address (the one I got came from the same exact one as listed above).

Number two, the grammar is horrible, this guy is most likely in South Africa or something, his English is crap.
Old 04-12-2007, 03:34 PM

Location: Frozen Northern Minnesota, Darn Close To Where Perma-Frost Begins...
You guys are missing some great fun here.........
Old 04-12-2007, 03:35 PM
P.J
Banned

Originally Posted by truckbouy2
You guys are missing some great fun here.........
Elaborate?
Old 04-12-2007, 03:58 PM
1st Generation Admin

Received 111 Likes on 57 Posts
Send me your old coins for free appraisal.
Old 04-12-2007, 04:08 PM

Location: Frozen Northern Minnesota, Darn Close To Where Perma-Frost Begins...
Originally Posted by truckbouy2
Had a similar incident on ebay. What great fun, I ran that fool around the block like you can't imagine. Came close to getting him to send ME money.
What a chance you have to out scam the scammer.
I reported it to ebay with all 40 emails, what a waste of time, they don't care.
Even reported it with all the evidence to the MN AG's office (Now there's a group of monkeys Edit a coconut). All they had to do was gaff the fool, I already had him played out along side of the boat.
Scam the scammer and YOU get HIS money. You are the only one who cares about you. The fed's, ebay, your state ag (attorney general) they don't care....
Get'em......
You can have some great fun out scammin' the scammers. The Princess and I had a ball. We could hardly wait till the bad guy sent a return email. We were like kids waiting for Christmas.
And "Top" sorry about the "edit". I thought using "s" (you know) for the REALLY bad word (you know) was ok.....
Old 04-12-2007, 04:20 PM
Banned

he is gettin trickier. i just got one from the micheal guy listed above and the message he wrote me was very convincing. said that is was interested in my injectors and wanted to know the lowest price i would sell them for and how many miles were on them. nothing said like contact me via e mail , it was just a plain jane message askin about my injectors. told him they were not for sale anymore.
Old 04-12-2007, 04:22 PM
P.J
Banned

Originally Posted by inline6power
he is gettin trickier. i just got one from the micheal guy listed above and the message he wrote me was very convincing. said that is was interested in my injectors and wanted to know the lowest price i would sell them for and how many miles were on them. nothing said like contact me via e mail , it was just a plain jane message askin about my injectors. told him they were not for sale anymore.
Hmmmmm.

See, he might have baited me on my item with something subtle like that.
Old 04-12-2007, 04:48 PM

Wish someone would try to scam me out of my classified item. At least then I would know y'all can see it
Old 04-12-2007, 04:58 PM

The broken english is a dead give away that its a scam.
Old 04-12-2007, 05:54 PM

I just got two for the truck I'm selling. Removed the ad. I'll sell it locally to keep those jokers at bay. Lary, I sent you the copies of the emails. I figure if a member here wanted it, cool. Some guy just surfing the internet looking to scam someone, don't think so.
Old 04-12-2007, 07:11 PM
P.J
Banned

Originally Posted by CSAGrey1
Wish someone would try to scam me out of my classified item. At least then I would know y'all can see it
That's kinda the funny thing about my item too, nobody wants that thing, I might as well put it on Ebay, get what I can get and be done with it........
Old 04-12-2007, 07:22 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
I banned 4 different ones today and I have a better idea of what to look for before I approve them.
Old 04-12-2007, 07:42 PM
P.J
Banned

Cool, I didn't even know we got "approved".
Old 04-12-2007, 07:51 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Originally Posted by P.J
Cool, I didn't even know we got "approved".
Every member is approved before he is allowed to join the forum. We have been doing that for about 3 months. Takes a LOT of effort because we get so many new members everyday.

I am sure you remember all the complaints from members because we didn't allow Yahoo and Hotmail addresses. We changed that to make it easier for members but that also opened the flood gates for these clowns.

I will keep hammering away at these guys but you fellows need to be careful who you sell to. Don't send ANYTHING to ANYBODY for a Money Order or Cashiers Check until it has time to clear the bank.

Remember that the bank may say the check is good, only to come back 2 weeks later and demand payment because it was in fact bogus. I can't stress that fact enough!.

I see people saying not to worry, the bank can tell you in a day or so and you are good to go. But I also see people that are finding out 10 to 14 days later that they owe money to the bank because it takes that long for them to find out on some of these phony checks.

Seller beware!

Quick Reply: Scam attempts from DTR classifieds.....