Suggestions, Comments and Site Questions Post your comments and suggestions here. We always want to improve the site.

No The Classifieds Don't SUCK!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2010, 08:34 PM
Muted one day, Banned the next....... Ah the life of a DTR 1%'er

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Blake Clark
Ditto

A discussion would just turn into a bull corn fest real quick. A good idea in theory, but a total fail in reality.
Especially with thread trolls like us
Old 09-08-2010, 08:43 PM
Administrator / Severe Concussion Aficionado

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by cincydiesel
Especially with thread trolls like us
Speak for youself cincy boy...

Interestingly enough I peruse the classified on a regular basis and just a bit ago came across something that is a must have for Dad and will purchase as soon as I can hear back from the seller.

Good thing I went looking.
Old 09-08-2010, 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by Blake Clark
Speak for youself cincy boy...

Interestingly enough I peruse the classified on a regular basis and just a bit ago came across something that is a must have for Dad and will purchase as soon as I can hear back from the seller.

Good thing I went looking.
I stroll through almost daily.. never know what your gonna find.. Wish I had the 375 for the smarty pod
Old 09-08-2010, 09:07 PM

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts
Sold!

I just sold my Lorenz suspension parts to a member. This site allows fairly large photos to accompany the ad. Another site I used requires a tiny sized photo. They work fine for me. Thanks.
Old 09-08-2010, 09:30 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
What keeps other forum members (CF Member, Bombers Member ext. ) from joining DTR just to use this site for free chances to sell unneeded items?
Nothing prevents that nor do we wish to, as long as a member is in good standing they are welcome to use our Classifieds
Old 09-08-2010, 09:34 PM

Originally Posted by Lary Ellis (Top)
Nothing prevents that nor do we wish to, as long as a member is in good standing they are welcome to use our Classifieds
I was thinking more along the lines of getting the classifieds clogged up with adds that the owner never intends to check back on. Possibly having a post count requirement before you can post an add. I personally would not purchase anything from the classifieds if the owner only has couple of post. I'd be to worried about a possible scammer
Old 09-08-2010, 09:34 PM
Admin Team Leader

Originally Posted by rip 112
What about maybe a classified discussion section where ppl can have a discussion as well as shop for products? PPL can also get opinions for pricing, and it would encourage more ppl to scour the classified area.
We are not interested in something like that, we have that stuff separated from the forum on purpose. We want the forums to be about the information we all come here to find and not have to search through a bunch of flea market stuff to find it

Some forums look like they are trying to win the most useless categories award or something.... Less is more when it comes to making it easier to find information, fewer places to look means shorter searches in general
Old 09-08-2010, 09:37 PM
Admin Team Leader

I was thinking more along the lines of getting the classifieds clogged up with adds that the owner never intends to check back on. Possibly having a post count requirement before you can post an add. I personally would not purchase anything from the classifieds if the owner only has couple of post. I'd be to worried about a possible scammer
I see people register all the time just to post a truck for sale and NEVER post on the forums. We can't discriminate against someone just because they are not talkative like Blake

I see what you are saying but it just isn't feasible for a free forum. I wouldn't buy from anyone regarding post count... I would research and be darn sure that everything was legit before I sent money or a product. We have indeed had members with lots of posts be the biggest thieves here......
Old 09-08-2010, 09:37 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I understand it would create alot more clutter. I seen it on RhinoForum and it seemed pretty cool but yes some obsolete ads still being discussed.
Old 09-08-2010, 09:42 PM

We can't discriminate against someone just because they are not talkative like Blake ...
Well.. if DTR ever decides to have some type of auction, I know someone who can post fast enough to be the auctioneer

Back on topic... Is there an admin that overseas the classifieds on a regular basses?
Old 09-08-2010, 09:45 PM
DTR Mom

Wink

opinion on the old ads... possible to auto kick them out in say, two weeks?

I know that I am monitoring stuff when I am selling.....not outrageous to keep it up to date with a simple check off box(?) to re- submit?

do not know- all the nephews are the computer programmers....

kindly do not open up the classifieds for a yard sale talk fest, please...
Old 09-08-2010, 09:46 PM
DTR Mom

I see people register all the time just to post a truck for sale and NEVER post on the forums. We can't discriminate against someone just because they are not talkative like Blake
ouch! oh! oh! admin guy!
Old 09-08-2010, 09:48 PM

Originally Posted by Justwannabeme
opinion on the old ads... possible to auto kick them out in say, two weeks?

I know that I am monitoring stuff when I am selling.....not outrageous to keep it up to date with a simple check off box(?) to re- submit?

do not know- all the nephews are the computer programmers....

kindly do not open up the classifieds for a yard sale talk fest, please...
When I put Madhat's truck up for sale on Craigslist, I only had 30 days until I had to renew it
Old 09-09-2010, 10:10 AM
Administrator / Severe Concussion Aficionado

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
Well.. if DTR ever decides to have some type of auction, I know someone who can post fast enough to be the auctioneer
Who?

Old 09-09-2010, 08:11 PM

Most of my experience has been good on the classifieds, buying and selling. I am trying to buy something now and the member just won't respond with a e-mail addy so I can PayPal... he said we have a deal in PM but no addy, anyway you Admin's can help with that? How about you MUST post an e-mail addy to list products, the PM'ing with this person does not seem to be working.

Quick Reply: No The Classifieds Don't SUCK!!!!