Suggestions, Comments and Site Questions Post your comments and suggestions here. We always want to improve the site.

Forum Rules

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2007, 12:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jack,

Nice presentation of the site rules. Good explation of the how, what, and why things are on the site.
Old 03-04-2007, 12:13 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Originally Posted by Shovelhead
Jack I thought it might have been a LEGAL manual on CD, not a Ripped-Off/Plagerized/Copywright-Violating one.
The way I read his post he has it on rapidshare to allow others to download it.

This would of course be illegal because of copy write issues
Old 03-04-2007, 12:32 PM

i was thinking, maybe the rules could be on the very first page as you sign in. that way there would be no reason-excuses about the rules.
Old 03-04-2007, 03:41 PM
Admin Team Leader

Originally Posted by biododge1
i was thinking, maybe the rules could be on the very first page as you sign in. that way there would be no reason-excuses about the rules.
You are shown the rules when you register and then asked to click on the box stating you agree to them BEFORE you can complete the registration. The problem is that some people only agree to them part time, they become short timers
Old 03-04-2007, 06:12 PM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
I never heard of rapidshare before............

Maybe I need to get out of this site more often.
Old 03-04-2007, 06:35 PM
Administrator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Shovelhead
I never heard of rapidshare before............

Maybe I need to get out of this site more often.
From what I've gathered, it's a sharing site for **** and pirated software.

Probably a good thing you've never heard of it.

phox
Old 03-05-2007, 08:14 PM
Administrator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by saab9k
Was just asking, did not want to brake any rules.
And a hearty thank you for asking.

phox
Old 05-17-2007, 09:48 AM

Received 263 Likes on 235 Posts
Just out of interest- The site rules say: " threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise in violation of ANY law. Legal actions can be taken against you. " -
The ANY law is what makes me curious- Does this concern any US law, laws in Austria (my current residence) or both?

Naturally I'm trying to keep the rules because I like the way this site is run.

AlpineRAM
Old 05-17-2007, 10:11 AM
Admin Team Leader

Originally Posted by AlpineRAM
Just out of interest- The site rules say: " threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise in violation of ANY law. Legal actions can be taken against you. " -
The ANY law is what makes me curious- Does this concern any US law, laws in Austria (my current residence) or both?

Naturally I'm trying to keep the rules because I like the way this site is run.

AlpineRAM
Marcus,

Diesel Truck Resource LLC is licensed to do business in the US and the State of West Virginia. Naturally we are bound to the laws of the principality within which the business resides.

If we are contacted by Law Enforcement agents in Austria to provide any information we may have on you, naturally we would cooperate to the extent that we are able. It is our intent to cooperate fully in ANY investigation into illegal activities with any Official Law Enforcement Agency.

However we will not give out any information that is not requested through official channels by actual Law Enforcement Officials. Your privacy is safe here, unless you decide to start selling stolen Nuclear weapons on the black market
Old 05-17-2007, 11:24 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
What's the matter, Marcus...

wondering if GSG9 will decide you're a "person of interest"?
Old 05-17-2007, 12:42 PM
Admin Team Leader

For any of you guys that do not know, Marcus and I have been friends for quite a few years. I joke with him a little bit here about the black market stuff, but he is truly one of the "good guys" and about as honest as the day is long.

We are very happy to have him as a member on this site.
Old 06-15-2007, 05:51 PM

advertising rule

I've got something I'm trying to get rid of in the classifieds here. Is putting a link to it in my sig against the rules? I'm not a vendor and the rules don't specifically address this but I'm reading into them that it's forbidden. Is it? I just want to double check..

If you are not a paying advertiser on the DieselTruckResource.Com forum, you may not place advertisements in your signatures or posts for your products or website. Paid site advertisers may post information on special deals or sales in the public forum ONCE PER MONTH. Pricing may not be given in the post. The post shall not contain full details of the sale or special. The post must contain a link to the vendor website that better explains the special or sale. Again, you may never publicly post pricing on your products. If someone asks, you may answer them privately. Members may only advertise for vendors or websites who are paying advertisers of the DieselTruckResource.Com forum. You may become an advertiser by visiting our Advertise with us page for more information.
Old 06-15-2007, 06:09 PM
Adminstrator-ess

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
That would be considered advertising, same as if you posted a thread that said "Hey, I have a widget for sale in the classifieds."
Old 06-15-2007, 06:29 PM

Ok, yeah, that's what I figured.

Quick Reply: Forum Rules