Suggestions, Comments and Site Questions Post your comments and suggestions here. We always want to improve the site.

All Dodge site?

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2003, 03:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
All Dodge site?

There seems to be a need for something like this. Anyone interested? Click HERE!
Old 07-20-2003, 03:30 PM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Re:All Dodge site?

Kind of interesting that the URL is &quot;BikerBuzz&quot; and they're trying to start an All Dodge site. [undecided]<br><br>However, I wish them nothing but the best!<br>After all, that is how Jack started this site way back when.<br> 8)<br><br>Rich
Old 07-20-2003, 03:37 PM

That's correct. For now, it's really not a site. Just a page on my site. If there is sufficient interest, I'll get it's own domain (dot com). It's just an idea and perhaps a way to cater to Dodge owners...exclusively. ;D
Old 07-20-2003, 06:10 PM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 152 Likes on 118 Posts

You say that &quot;there seems to be a need&quot; for something like this. Personally I have not seen the need so am curious as to how you arrive at this conclusion. What are your statistics to back up your claim?
Old 07-20-2003, 06:33 PM

[quote author=Mexstan link=board=2;threadid=17331;start=0#162107 date=1058742632]
You say that &quot;there seems to be a need&quot; for something like this. Personally I have not seen the need so am curious as to how you arrive at this conclusion. What are your statistics to back up your claim?
[/quote]

Well, were are your &quot;no need&quot; stats then? ;D I think Buzz's evidence may have arisen from the number of people who express dismay in the direction DTR has chosen to take.

Commatoze (admitted xenophobe)
Old 07-20-2003, 06:40 PM
DPG

What Commatoze said.<br>
Old 07-20-2003, 08:06 PM

Bingo! Commatoze hit the proverbial nail on the head. If nothing else, this will prove to provide some stimulating exchanges here on the old Dodge board...or should I say, &quot;The Dodge, Ford and Chevy board?&quot; <br>Personally, like I've stated in the past, this is an xlnt resource. I chose my model truck based on the information I gathered here...invaluable, KUDOS to the DTR staff!
Old 07-21-2003, 04:11 PM

[quote author=Gary - KJ6Q link=board=2;threadid=17331;start=0#162123 date=1058746005]<br><br>Many joined here because it WAS a Dodge-only site, and liked what they saw. Some are disappointed because of the change - that isn't hard to accept or understand - those who disagree are entirely free to do as they choose - and those who remain have no reason to feel threatened or somehow abused it IS a free country - Jack can do as he pleases, and others can as well...<br><br>[/quote]<br><br>For those who want to leave, I personally will miss the expertise you have provided to this site, but I WON'T miss the whining and complaining. I come to this site to learn about my truck, not to read about how someone doesn't like that it's no longer a segregated board.
Old 07-21-2003, 04:34 PM
Chapter President

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I hate to burst your bubble but you have alot of competition already..<br><br>If you feel the &quot;need&quot; to talk only dodge. Try these..<br><br>DodgeTalk .com<br>dodgetruckworld.com<br><br>And if you need more technical stuff.<br>dodgeram.org<br><br>Or just diesel:<br>dieselram.com<br><br><br>No disrespect Jack, but if they want to leave, what can you do? These other sites might be more their speed.<br><br>J-eh<br><br>
Old 07-21-2003, 04:58 PM
Thats MR Hoss to you buddy!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

[quote author=Gary - KJ6Q link=board=2;threadid=17331;start=0#162123 date=1058746005]For my part, I'm taking a wait-and-see, open-minded approach, and will continue to participate and contribute here - if it becomes something I don't like, I have the freedom to do something else with my time and effort, just like everyone else...<br>[/quote]<br><br>Man....I take a vacation and come back to a whole new DTR. As for me....I'm gonna go along with what Gary said above. I have mixed feelings about going &quot;global&quot;, but we'll see how it works out. I have a feeling I know....but maybe I'm wrong. Only time will tell. Either way....for the time being I'm gonna stick around and have some fun. ;D
Old 07-21-2003, 06:19 PM
Banned

I sorta have mixed feelings about this &quot;change&quot; also. Kinda like trying to please everyone, and down the road it will become generic and full of brand wars. Some things I see as poorly done. No notification to the users (the people who make this work) and little chicken crap things like the new logo listing Duramax first. Sorta a kick in the groin to us who try to contribute to the site. I know I know Jack if I don't like it take a hike. Mebbe I will, who knows. Wait and see approach for me now. Don't drive a Ford anymore so don't give a about them either. If I do buy one in a few years when this Dodge is finished then I will join the Ford boards again. At that point I won't give a crap about the Dodge trucks. Time will tell. For now put me down as undecided. Oh wait nevermind you don't care..... :

Quick Reply: All Dodge site?