Suggestions, Comments and Site Questions Post your comments and suggestions here. We always want to improve the site.

Is DTR a dying site ( long time users

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2014, 11:17 AM
"How in the heck do I change the phrase in between my user name and avatar?"

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'll probably get some fingers pointed my way for saying this, but lately, I've been checking out what's going on over at CompD. Those guys have a lot of useful info, but they can be crass, kinda rude, and it seems that most of their stuff is geared more towards how much money you can spend to one-up the next guy......at least that's my perception.

I still come here on a daily basis to try and help others and I've said it before.......the knowledge here is second to none!!! Here, there are economical and easy fixes for things, go elsewhere and they help you out by telling you how many high-end parts you need to buy just to make your right turn signal work again.

DTR will always be my first choice when it comes to needing/giving advice!!
Old 03-09-2014, 10:27 PM

I agree the site is still good. It could be a diffrence in the truck market, back when i joined up, the diesel scene was just starting to take off. but now, the new trucks do wha we use to spend big money to make happen. I even hear powerblock is off of tnn or spike. pry dont have as many people doing it as they use to
Old 03-12-2014, 10:21 PM

Still the best place to come for honest help
Old 03-13-2014, 10:17 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm still here too!!
Old 03-13-2014, 08:17 PM

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts
I learn something everyday here. Some good humor too! God knows Obama gets much needed support here. NOT!
Old 03-22-2014, 09:55 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I haven't been here in a while, who owns the site now. When the original dodge diesel.org started I was member 20. I lost about a 1000 post when it changed to current name. Last time I was here we had over 50,000 members. now I see well over a hundred thousand. I wouldn't say it's dying. Websites always run hot and cold.
Old 03-22-2014, 10:26 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
The interweb is slow these days. All the hoopla on the news saying the economy is recovering isn't quit true. The cost of things are keep going up. Groceries, etc. New trucks are expensive and getting where most folks can't afford them and the cost of diesel.
Old 03-23-2014, 08:41 AM
Administrator

Received 52 Likes on 50 Posts
Originally Posted by red_rattler
I haven't been here in a while, who owns the site now. When the original dodge diesel.org started I was member 20. I lost about a 1000 post when it changed to current name. Last time I was here we had over 50,000 members. now I see well over a hundred thousand. I wouldn't say it's dying. Websites always run hot and cold.
-------------------------------------------------------------
red_rattler:

Welcome back Sir!

This website is now owned by "Internet Brands." However, Lary Ellis (Top) still runs the DTR Store.

----------
John_P
Old 03-23-2014, 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by John_P
-------------------------------------------------------------
red_rattler:

Welcome back Sir!

This website is now owned by "Internet Brands." However, Lary Ellis (Top) still runs the DTR Store.

----------
John_P
Thank you for the info. JThorpe owned last I was here.
Old 04-11-2014, 11:27 PM
Advocate of getting the ban button used on him...

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
I'm also still here! I visit it every day. Usually a few times. I still see the huge amount of knowledge but have noticed a few members that chime in much less.
I definitely feel the economy is a big factor. Just not as much expendable cash out there now. But as long as this site is up I will be a member! (or until Madhat bans me )
Old 04-12-2014, 10:03 AM
Administrator/Jarhead

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
You're only a few key clicks away... I'm always watching
Old 04-12-2014, 09:12 PM
DTR's Night Watchman & Poet Laureate

Im still here................sorry!
Old 04-15-2014, 10:14 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I've seen what you're talking about and it's just the ebb and flow of things. I honestly think its a seasonal change, plus with the economy still in the tank there are some folks that don't have the disposable income to have fun with their diesels right now.

Give it some time and the post count will skyrocket again ..... it always does.
Old 05-04-2014, 09:11 PM

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
I am here just about every day - usually more than once Edit. I don't have quite as much expendable $$$ as I used to since I retired and besides I just dropped 4G on the newly rebuilt transmission. Still lots to learn on this forum and I do have future plans for the beast which I will assuredly need to consult with this collective on.

I have visited at some of the other diesel sites and have not joined any of the others. Just feels at home here. (awwwww, shucks!)

Cheers All!

Mike
Old 05-05-2014, 09:38 AM

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
Darn it TOP! I thought that the edited part was pretty funny! OK, maybe a little adult orientated - still funny though. Probably made you chuckle! Yes, I know, rules is rules!

Cheers!

Mike

Quick Reply: Is DTR a dying site ( long time users