Suggestions, Comments and Site Questions Post your comments and suggestions here. We always want to improve the site.

DTR censorship

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2006, 10:37 AM
Mrs. missin on a mission & keeper of the can

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
We will all disagree with each other at some point. Yes, sometimes we get bent out of shape but come on we are All Adults here. Trying to learn from each other and with all the help that we give each other everyday what more could you really ask for.
FWIW, I appreciate anyone that take the time in helping another. Cin
Old 10-23-2006, 11:22 AM

Well, I've been here a lot longer than most of you fellers. Heck, when I joined there were no moderators, Just Jack!!!! Regardless of my opinions on some of the subjects DJGaston brought up, some of which I agree with and some not so much, I must say that even though I belong to several Dodge Diesel websites, when I really need help or advice, this is always my first stop! There are just too many knowledgeable people here. I have had several problems solved by members here and I try to do the same for others. I have had my hand slapped a couple times but I learn my lesson and try not to do the things they ask me not to do. No big deal...
Old 10-23-2006, 11:25 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I found this thread to be very informative, and it's easy to see the various points being made.

This site certainly isn't perfect, but it IS the best at what it does - hence the healthy growth rate.

I don't agree with the way everything here is done, but I'm happy to play by someone else's rules when I'm in their house.

Thanks Jack & Co. for listening to all of us and continuing to do your best - who could ask for more?
Old 10-23-2006, 11:30 AM
Chapter President

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by crobtex
This has to be one of the most useless threads I have ever seen here.
I said it and I still believe it. When most people get on a site they don't like or don't agree with, they just move on. I think it's almost beyond belief to think that any site would change it's policies when 99% of it's users are satisfied with it. If you have a problem, take it to management with a PM or email.

And, believe it or not, Chapter Presidents are allowed to have their own opinions.
Old 10-23-2006, 11:59 AM
Banned

chapter president does not carry any prestige. it only means that we field the emails and pm's when some in our state joins dtr, has a question, wants to start a get togther or meet and greet. It just means that WE PAID money to start a local chapter. now if it got me a prefered parking spot or some of chaiwa's better coffee, that would be great, but it just means that we are points of contact, and get to have it under our avatar. we are no different than anyone else.
Old 10-23-2006, 12:04 PM

You know, one thing this place really needs to do is not allow anyone to have a screen name that resembles anyone elses.....
Old 10-23-2006, 12:05 PM

Just kidding of course!!!!
Old 10-23-2006, 12:10 PM
Banned

starting that again are we? since you gave up your first dodgezilla truck, you should be moved to #2. but I can share. troublemaker
Old 10-23-2006, 12:20 PM

I think there are more of us here too!!!!!

But, being the original, I'll be signing autographs by the refreshment table later on...
Old 10-23-2006, 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by crobtex
And, believe it or not, Chapter Presidents are allowed to have their own opinions.

crobtex, at least you admit you think you have the power to do whatever you want...

I respect dodgezilla04 for not thinking he's bigger and better than us normal users.
Old 10-23-2006, 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by Dodgezilla
I think there are more of us here too!!!!!

But, being the original, I'll be signing autographs by the refreshment table later on...
Is the 07 going to get a sticker on the back like the 03 had?
Old 10-23-2006, 01:07 PM

Originally Posted by RAMROD2006
I think we need a group hug
I think this is the truest quote in this thread.
Everybody chill out for a minute, there have been some excellent points made by both sides, but I think there is a nearly perfect compromise starting everyone in the face.

If you look on your public profile, there is a spot for a homepage link. I know it's a little more involved than just clicking on a sig. but why won't that work?

And for the admins, do y'all delete links on the profile even if they aren't to stores?

Anyway, I love the site, could be a little better, but so could everything else.
Since I've been here, I've been really impressed with the lack of flaming, and drama, let's keep it that way.
Old 10-23-2006, 01:09 PM

You know, one thing this place really needs to do is not allow anyone to have a screen name that resembles anyone elses.....
That's too funny!
Old 10-23-2006, 01:13 PM
Banned

i think for that statement dodgezilla should have to carry around a picture of me in his truck.
Old 10-23-2006, 01:19 PM

There is a guy on here who recently used the name Texas_CTD. I pm'd him and asked if he would consider a name change so we wouldn't be getting confused by others. Real nice guy, and he changed it since he was just starting out on here and didn't have like 1900+ posts. I really appreciated his consideration and the change.

But, I guess it is hard to enforce rules on something like that....cause if it's different...........it's different..............even if WE know better.

No offense intended, DZ04