Suggestions, Comments and Site Questions Post your comments and suggestions here. We always want to improve the site.

Cancel my account

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2004, 09:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cancel my account

While I have found some helpful information on this site, I will take Phox's suggestion and subscribe to some other sites. Accordingly, please delete my account.

Chaz
Old 05-02-2004, 09:31 PM
Administrator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I don't believe I ever suggested that.

phox
Old 05-02-2004, 09:38 PM

You are correct. You suggested Dodgeram.org and Jack simply suggested to go elsewhere in the now locked thread on naming dealers in this forum.

No hard feelings.
Old 05-03-2004, 06:31 AM

Did you only come here to be-little a dealer?
I'm sure that isn't true.
After walking thru several service area's at some dealers and letting them work on my truck, I have come to the conclusion that I should service my truck myself.
The guys working there were in training or showed only a year or two of service.
So, I feel the truck needs better than that when possible and I enjoy it so I do it my self.
It is sad that you can get sued so easy.
I like this site and will respect the rules.
Old 05-03-2004, 06:40 AM

J-fox

No I did not. This website has provided some good information related to the order, delivery and purchase of a new truck. Actually, I oredered 4 3500s and 1 2500. A significant purchase for anybody. I have had numerous problems with the DEALER as have others on this site from my neck of the woods. Having reached my limit, I vented concerning the DEALER's failure to provide me eith 2 keys for one of the 3500s. His excuse was that the detail guy had taken home with him when he left for the day and that they would get it for me. My mistake is that I took delivery of the truck.

As for this site, I now choose to lurk rather than post and participate. I was offended by the moderator and founders attitudes. There are several other sites out there that provide the same information.

Again, no hard feelings, just taking my business elsewhere.
Old 05-03-2004, 07:09 AM

You've been a member for 2 months and you have had ONE complaint about the site policies and your'e gone?

Good Riddance!
Old 05-03-2004, 07:16 AM

I have only been a Dodge owner for 1 month. I do not have any complaints about the site's policies, IT IS THE ATTITUDES of those running the site, of which your post is a prime example.
Old 05-03-2004, 07:32 AM

Wow, 5 new trucks and they dropped the ball with the keys!!!!
The least you can do before you go is to fill out the info from your city/state. I often check this info as do others.

I can tell stories all day long about the dumb thing that shops around here try to pull on me. Some is just in-experience , some is borderline criminal.
But I won't say names!
Old 05-03-2004, 08:23 AM
DPG

I'm sorry that you feel that way, Chazman. I read the thread that you refer to, and I can see where your post was a clear violation of the site rules. You can't fault the admins for enforcing the rules. I've been here almost from the beginning (I think my member number was 535 or something like that) and I haven't found a site on the web where the information was better or the atmosphere was better. But if you can't abide by the rules, it's best that you not post.
Old 05-03-2004, 09:17 AM
DTR Founder

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
I'm not going to argue about it. The rules are rules. If you want to stay, great. If not, then that's great too. Freedom of choice is a beautiful thing. Once choice I made is to enforce the rules without discrimination against who might be violating them. Administrators have no more priviledge to break the rules then you do.

For those of you who haven't read the rules that you agreed to when coming here, you might want to take a look.

Again, it's your choice. Stay or go.
Old 05-03-2004, 09:23 AM

j-fox, why protect the "the border line criminal"? So others can fall prey and we get a sick sense of comfort derived from the "victoms' , and solice of not being the only one? Sorry, I hate it when legally bred parinoia deters good people from taking the right action. and tyranny dispenced by a broken political system and protected by a crooked and bent legal system finds another furrow to plant a seed in the soil of DTR. Divide and conquer-the lawyers win.

Although I don't see it posted here anymore, I proposed a legal defence fund for DTR and its' owner and committed my 2001 CTD [$20k] to back it up because I am equally committed to personal liberty and freedoms and this forum should be able to exist and function in the interest of its members within those rights of free people.

This isn't about expossing potential liability, it's about resisting a system that would divide and pit us against each other on the ideals of liberty and the founding principals of this great nation. Saddam instilled silence through fear, don't let it grow here!

I thought the discussion about posting good and bad dealer/vendor experiences was well within the rules shovelhead quoted on his post so I wonder where the thread went? STY
Old 05-03-2004, 09:28 AM
DTR Founder

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
I'm not interested. See the last post in the other thread. Say goodbye to this one too. It's over, move along and get over it.