Suggestions, Comments and Site Questions Post your comments and suggestions here. We always want to improve the site.

Can we create another section to divide Gen2 Performance and Stereo, lifts ect

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2004, 01:31 PM

Location: Used to be missoula, montana: Now in Sonoma County California
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Can we create another section to divide Gen2 Performance and Stereo, lifts ect

Maybe i'm off my rocket but it seems like the performance section is being used as the dumping ground for the stereo and lift kit questions amongst other non technicals. It seems like it might be detracting from the quality of that section by over cluttering it. These questions are valid but don't seem to have much to do with technical highperformance issues more so they are seem like they have developed into issues that are being kicked out of the 12v and 24v sections and into the Performance Gen 2 discussions but yet they almost demand a section of thier own now for as many threads that are being discussed.

might be worth considering

just my .02 but het you never know.

Dusty
Old 08-12-2004, 01:58 PM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
There is a lot of things that get moved to the Performance section as it is the "Performance and Aftermarket" forum.
This has been brought up before and the decision has always been to leave the Performance/Aftermarket section as it is now. This does not mean that it may or may not have grown too big and needs to be re-evaluated.
However, the forum layout and locations are the responsibility of either Lary or Jack and the re-evaluation would be up to either of those two.

Rich
Old 08-12-2004, 02:12 PM

Location: Used to be missoula, montana: Now in Sonoma County California
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Rich

Very Valid points i may have mis-stated what i was trying to say. I agree and realize that its up to jack or lary. i just thought i might throw it out there. as yes it is all aftermarket upgrade but it seems as the engine aftermarket mods and truck aftermarket mods may be developing into two very different but equally demanding sections more so than they have ever been B4. I do agree with you that it will have to take its course.

Thanks Dusty
Old 08-12-2004, 03:50 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Thanks for the input Dusty

We are always looking to find ways to improve the site, and ideas like this are discussed from time to time. No current plans for any changes, but who knows what is in store for the future
Old 08-12-2004, 05:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I hadn't though of that idea, but it may have some merit. Maybe it is close to time for a Performance/Aftermarket Engine and Drivetrain and Performance/Aftermarket Non Engine and Drivetrain. I have heard several suggestions for new sections that I did not agree with, but this one sounds interesting to me.

JMO