Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/)
-   Suggestions, Comments and Site Questions (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/suggestions-comments-site-questions-87/)
-   -   Anyone else seeing this on the board..??? (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/suggestions-comments-site-questions-87/anyone-else-seeing-board-319571/)

thrashingcows 10-10-2014 07:12 PM

Anyone else seeing this on the board..???

Just in the last few days I have noticed that when I visit the site, and check out the threads and then leave, they are not going into the "Non-Bold, I've checked them out" font.

Pretty much now unless I physically click on each thread, and open it up, the thread will re-main in the "Un-read, bold" font, regardless of how many times I come and go to the board.

I find it very annoying...I liked it the way it was. I have looked into the personal settings through the USER CP, but could not find anything that would affect the threads.

mknittle 10-10-2014 07:59 PM

same here.

oliver foster 10-10-2014 09:01 PM

X3 that….

patdaly 10-10-2014 09:29 PM

Same here, I don't like it a bit......

Hillbilly66 10-10-2014 09:31 PM

I'm getting the same thing, I've started clicking on the "mark forums read" before I leave so I know if there actually are new threads next time I visit.

NJTman 10-10-2014 10:18 PM

same schmegma here....

I thought it was just me...[redface]

thrashingcows 10-10-2014 11:53 PM

Originally Posted by NJTman (Post 3254244)
same schmegma here....

I thought it was just me...[redface]

Well your not alone...we will all get through this together....[dummy] [laugh]

92betsy 10-11-2014 12:38 AM

Here and DieselBombers is doing that to me this week.

BearKiller 10-11-2014 01:26 AM

Another very annoying occurrence I am experiencing is un-wanted ad pages just popping up in the middle of me reading something, without me "clicking" on anything.

I have to click the "back" button to get away from the ad.

These are not just pop-ups that cover a portion of the page.

So far, this is the only site where I have experienced this.

Jim Lane 10-11-2014 06:45 AM

Its a conspiracy man.
Haven't you been listening to talk radio?

Just kidding, my computer and Droid Maxx have been doing all kind of strange things.

Jim

mknittle 10-11-2014 07:45 AM

Originally Posted by Jim Lane (Post 3254268)
Its a conspiracy man.
Haven't you been listening to talk radio?

Just kidding, my computer and Droid Maxx have been doing all kind of strange things.

Jim

Your computer and Droid are conspiring. Quick make a tinfoil hat lol.

It seems to come and go with mine.

NJTman 10-11-2014 07:53 AM

Originally Posted by mknittle (Post 3254271)
Your computer and Droid are conspiring. Quick make a tinfoil hat lol.

Heck, I don't have a tinfoil hat, but I sure could use one. Where did I put that dog food bowl cover ? Lemme go look....

If anything, this "missing" stuff is probably due to some "data saving" idea that the forum owners conjured up...

It is annoying, I guess. Surprised Lary hasn't chimed in.

j_martin 10-11-2014 08:02 AM

Yep, annoying for sure. Not likely DTR's fault. More likely an unforeseen consequence or undocumented feature in a "mandatory" upgrade to their forum program.

It could also be due to something Mickeysoft did.

There's a block for ya Larry. You can come out of hiding now.

rrgrassi 10-11-2014 12:18 PM

I have experienced just the opposite...unread showing up a read...

j_martin 10-11-2014 01:03 PM

Maybe it is DTR's fault after all. I think they used to clear the new flags when you left a forum if you read any of them. Now they try to leave the unread ones, and maybe that's the fubar'd code.